Computer Seats!

Hey everyone,

I’m looking for a good chair for my computer setup and wanted to see what people here are actually using.

I don’t really care whether it’s a gaming chair or an ergonomic office chair. My main priorities are:

  • Comfortable for sitting several hours
  • Good lumbar/lower-back support
  • Decent cushioning
  • Adjustable armrests would be nice
  • Something I can buy in Taiwan, preferably somewhere I can try it first

Where did you get yours, and how much did you pay?

I’ve seen plenty of chairs around NT$8,000–10,000+, but honestly I really don’t want to spend NT$10k on a computer chair :joy: At that price I feel like I could buy a pretty damn nice sofa instead.

Ideally I’d like to stay somewhere around NT$3,000–5,000 if there are actually good options in that range.

Any specific models, stores, Shopee sellers, Costco/IKEA options, local furniture stores, etc. that you’d recommend?

Bonus points if you’ve had the chair for a while and can say whether it’s still comfortable after a few months.

Thanks!

No real recommendations here on a specific chair, but walking around WenChang furniture street is usually quite good, can also bargain with them if they are eager to reach their quota

https://www.travel.taipei/en/attraction/details/2293

For that price range you could try a Sidiz, I’ve been using their T50 for a few months. It retails around NT$9k as I recall but they are regularly on sale at Momo for closer to NT$6k - $NT$7k.

To be clear, they position themselves as Korea’s answer to Herman Miller, SteelCase, et al, and having used and enjoyed many actual high-end chairs over the years I can say they absolutely are not. :expressionless_face:

However, they might be better CP value, in that for 1/3 or even 1/4 the price you get something close to 1/2 or 3/4 the comfort and capability of a NT$30k+ chair. :man_shrugging:

But at the NT$3k - NT$5k range you might better off seeing if there’s a used furniture market in Taiwan and look for a higher quality gently-used chair.

If you find such a market let me know, the Sidiz isn’t bad, but… maybe I can sell it to you and trade up! :wink: