COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2006 (June 6th ~ 10th)

I know it

To avoid any, ahem, “problems” make sure you register under a foreign address and bring at least 2 business cards with the same address since the Computex is meant to be exclusively for foreign visitors only.

Are you sure that could happen even if I show them my visitors visa? I don’t have any business cards with my home adress since I’m a student :frowning:

Yep. Sorry… I meant to say, “for those ‘qualified’ to get in…” My apologies for any confusion :blush:

Eddie… A foreign passport alone will not get you in through the doors… You gotta have a “reason” to be in there. A reason-related business card with a foreign address on it will get you through… if you don

[quote=“EddieG”]Are you sure that could happen even if I show them my visitors visa? I don’t have any business cards with my home adress since I’m a student :frowning:[/quote]I think it’s trade only, a place for businessmen to meet and do deals, no students. Hence the need for a business card.

But remember that the last 2 days of Computex are open to public! :sunglasses:

I thought computer shows are always open to public, or part of it… I mean people flock there hoping for a bargain on some tech gizmos…

You will not be allowed in for the first week unless you have 2 business cards. And real one. They would not let me in with my computer printed ones :frowning:

You will also need more cards to give to each booth along your way or they will mock you and pelt you with DMs. It is really a TRADE show. For trades people only. The last 2 days are a free for all. AKA a sardine can simulator. How many people can you cram into that center?

But it can be worth it. Last year sucked but the year before was so cool.

It’s a trade show for overseas buyers that place bulk orders. They did have another show sometime last year that was a sales show, i.e. where you could purchase items. Entrance was free if I recall correctly and I think they travelled to different cities within Taiwan.
I suggest to avoid the ‘open-to-public’ days of the Computex, it will be crowded as hell.