Conan the Barbarian

One of my favorite movies, Conan the Barbarian is an undervalued epic. It’s a great story with one of the best soundtracks of all time. This year is its 25th anniversary and it has held up remarkably.
Are there any other fans out there?
You tube has the second half of the movie: google “conan barbarian collector’s edition”

Yes, it’s been one of my favorites since I was a kid. It’s too bad the sequel was so bad.

There have been rumors of a new Conan, but I don’t think it’ll happen anytime soon.

Loved Conan the Barbarian. I taped it off TV when I was a kid and must have watched the damn thing 50 times or more each year. Arnold totally captures the essence of Conan, IMO.
I did buy the DVD version the last time I was in Canada for a visit. Awesome.

They are apparently starting work on a remake of Conan the Barbarian, not a third installment, this year.
Remake Alert: Conan the Barbarian

I grew up with the comics. The first movie was very good, some dubious dialogue notwithstanding. The second, and Red Sonya spinoff were mostly unwatchable.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan_%28comics%29
Surprised on how old the story actually is:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan_the_Barbarian

My kid sister was obsessed with ‘Red Sonya’. Fortunately, I was the eldest so she had no vote in our house.

[quote=“Mer”]Loved Conan the Barbarian. I taped it off TV when I was a kid and must have watched the damn thing 50 times or more each year. Arnold totally captures the essence of Conan, IMO.
I did buy the DVD version the last time I was in Canada for a visit. Awesome.

They are apparently starting work on a remake of Conan the Barbarian, not a third installment, this year.
Remake Alert: Conan the Barbarian[/quote]

totally awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee movie

Nearly as good as Spartacus.

Can it be bought in Taiwan I would like to buy it and watch it again !!!

I think the opening scene is the best. Where they come in and attack the village. Some great classical music in that scene although not sure what the tune was.

Gladiator had a fantastic opening scene with the Germania verus the Roman empire. But went downhill from there.

Krom!!