Confederations Cup 2009

Well, surprise surprise US of A beat Spain.

What’s next. SA beats Brazil? Stay tuned…

June 25, 2009 - South Africa vs. Brazil
2:30 pm in Johannesburg -that should be 9 or 10:30 in Taipei, right?

[quote=“Icon”]Well, surprise surprise US of A beat Spain.

What’s next. SA beats Brazil? Stay tuned…

June 25, 2009 - South Africa vs. Brazil
2:30 pm in Johannesburg -that should be 9 or 10:30 in Taipei, right?[/quote]

Definitely a surprise. It makes me wish I had some Spanish friends so I could rub it in. :smiley:

Brazil is still a huge favorite in my book. I don’t gamble much but wonder if the TTL has this one on the books?

Well, the SA team gave a very good performance, and gave the Brazilians a hard time and no easy triumph.

:southafrica:

So, like a lot of Americans, I suddenly really like soccer right now. Does anyone know what time the Brazil game is going to be on and where we can watch it? It would be nice to be able to watch it at a bar but if it’s super late and going to be on espn, that will work. Thanks.

Excellent play by SA and lethargic rubbish by Brazil. Great game. SA will be bouyed by that performance. :southafrica:

Especially surprising considering:

1. South Africa’s terrible performance in the Cup of Nations qualifying.
  2. South Africa was in the far weaker of the two groups in the Confederation’s Cup.

I was expecting a rout, but Bafana Bafana played tough. USA is far better than SA, but Brazil will be a real tough match.

GO USA!!!

It’s live on Tuesday morning 2:30am on Supersports7 on the south african satellite. IT is not on cable TV afaik and one of the other games have been on cable tv.

The Tavern and Carnegies will be open and so perhaps will be a few other bars so it checks to ask.