Confidential documents reveal U.S. officials lied about war in Afghanistan

From the Washington Post. This should be a huge story but I just went through CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and none have it on their front page. I guess releasing it during impeachment on the day the IG report drops and a day after some guy ate a banana sort of buries things a bit.

Summary - lots of people died and lots of money was spent (or earned from a ‘certain perspective’) because of a war that was going very wrong from the outset.

Knowing how the establishment, the media and many people online reacted to Trump pulling back several hundred troops from the front lines in Syria, I can’t imagine what would happen if ideas like this spread. There is no way that Tulsi will be allowed near the debate stage for the next DNC debate and I don’t think you will hear a lot about this story.

4 Likes

1 Like

Screen-Shot-2019-12-15-at-9.28.18-AM

1 Like

A dissenting view:

Sometimes what seems like a coverup was just people failing to pay attention.

Note that the author does not contest that the war was unwinnable.

2 Likes

Please.

Nobody’s talking about that anymore…though I do agree that it’s not a conspiracy as much as people simply not caring.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/12/15/ben_domenech_cnn_aired_more_segments_about_trumps_thanos_meme_than_about_afghanistan_war_papers.html

1 Like

The problems related to America’s war on terrorism in Afghanistan have been know for decades .

You ain’t seen the movies ?

Afghanistan has been a clusterfuck since the Hyborian age.

I blame this guy.

1 Like