Confirmation of foreign head company for income tax

I’m still trying to get my income tax for 2002 back. The issue is that I need a confirmation of my head company that they don’t pay me any salary anywhere else but Taiwan. My Taiwanese accounting company told me that a general statement would be sufficient but it would be needed to be signed by a certified accountant in my Swiss head company, and we would need a copy of the license of said certified accountant.

I finally had my Swiss boss signing that statement for me when I met him during a business trip in February (not that he had been unwilling to sign it, we just had never gotten around to organize it), handed in the statement and got the reply from my accounting company that not only I needed the additional signature of a certified accountant. The tax authorities also wanted single statements for each year (and not a general statement as I had been told). Told my boss in Switzerland again and get the same tantrum whenever I try to ask him about it:

never heard of such a thing … not even the tax authorities in Switzerland or Germany would ask for something like that … mutuality … data security … doubts about his credibility as my boss … doubts about credibility of our company … don’t give in to such a nonsense … he has friends in diplomatic circles and connections to Taiwan … that’s not the way things work in Europe, and thus it can’t be true …

Has anybody ever been in a similar situation? What can I do? Is there any way to get around that?

TIA
Iris

Or can anybody point out an official written source (in English) that states that I need the signature of a certified accountant in my head company as well as a copy of his/her licence?

It’s not that my boss is unwilling to sign. He just doesn’t see a point in the CPA thing and keeps coming back to the mutuality thing (it’s not like this in Switzerland, so it can’t be like this in Taiwan :s).

TIA
Iris