Conflict: Israel and Lebanon part 3

You don’t have to be global cop. But, you (Europe) could stop supporting Israel’s enemies.

And, since the world is left to rely on American largesse, please don’t come bitching to me about the US being a global cop… :wink:

I shudder to think.

It also doesn’t make sense, since the PR hit Israel takes… plus, it isn’t an effective means of closing the eyes of the world. Speculation.

That doesn’t seem to cause the media to pause when Hizbollah takes them around to see what Hizbollah wants them to see and from reporting the same as gospel truth.

The Palestinians have in fact on many occassions used ambulances to move troops and supplies. I think a google search will bear this out.

Well, as I’ve posted, the Palestinians have, on at least several occassions, used ambulances to move fighters and supplies on the battlefield.

Gansters in Taichung used to do smuggle guns that way.

Ingenious.

I think it’s safe to say: wait for the facts to come in. There’s too much gd news that is speculative and many stories are later disproved…

can we wait for the friggin facts first…then say HG is wrong? :smiling_imp: :wink:

More speculation, but this blogger usually has a good analysis: Chinese UN Observer Was Probably a Spy
If link is not working, you can find the article here (Jul 26,2006) chinaconfidential.blogspot.com

Bullseye!

(flinched from here)

The Israelis have bombed a Lebanese army base now according to the BBC.

Some perspective:

The black in the maps is what the Israelis have taken out.
The MSM focuses on the same buildings over and over.

AMAZING PRECISION
Less than 1% of Beirut has been hit. Yet the MSM
will not present that because these have been ultra-precision
attacks against terrorists (and the civilian shields).

In Lebanon, United Nations soldiers from India carry the body of a U.N. observer killed after Kofi Annan refused to let them leave. Even as the missiles were fired from their buildings, they called Israel, but could not leave according to explicit written orders requiring only relief if Annan allowed it.
Israel asked for all non-Hizb’allah personnel to evacuate from South Lebanon. War Criminal Terrorist-Emperor and grifter Annan refused and forced these people from several countries to perish because of retaliations against anti-civilian-missile firings that Annan condoned, paid for, etc.

Right. :unamused:

Anyway . . .

HG

Right. :unamused:

Anyway . . .

HG[/quote]

And the killing just keeps on going on. Aint it nice we mostly all live over in Asia in nice safe countries that arent about to be invaded anytime soon :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Damned right, in fact one of the few things I did get right, but then I’m in HK. The ferry sailed past a US carrier fleet this afternoon. It just arrived today. No idea which one.

HG

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]

In Lebanon, United Nations soldiers from India carry the body of a U.N. observer killed after Kofi Annan refused to let them leave. Even as the missiles were fired from their buildings, they called Israel, but could not leave according to explicit written orders requiring only relief if Annan allowed it.
Israel asked for all non-Hizb’allah personnel to evacuate from South Lebanon. War Criminal Terrorist-Emperor and grifter Annan refused and forced these people from several countries to perish because of retaliations against anti-civilian-missile firings that Annan condoned, paid for, etc.[/quote]

When the world goes this mad it’s hard to tell the sardonicism from straight talking.

Let’s put it like this, Israel would not have bombed that UN post if it had been full of US troops. But these guys were Sikhs and Chinese. Fuck’em. Blow it up boys.

I wouldnt bet the farm on that LL.

The Israelis have proven again and again, THEY are their own first priority, above ALL others.

Never heard of the USS Liberty?

[url=USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia]The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a U.S. Navy intelligence ship, USS Liberty, in international waters about 12.5 nautical miles (23 km) from the coast of the Sinai Peninsula, north of El Arish, by Israeli fighter planes and torpedo boats on June 8, 1967.

It occurred during the Six-Day War, a conflict between Israel and the Arab states of Egypt, Jordan and Syria. The Israeli attack killed 34 U.S. servicemen and wounded at least 173. The attack was the second deadliest against a U.S. Naval vessel since the end of World War II, surpassed only by the Iraqi Exocet missile attack on the USS Stark on May 17, 1987.[/url]

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]That’s right, they’ll kill anyone they damned well like. Really, they’re just another tribe of fanatic ragheads mired in old testament mountains of teeth and eyes, except they’re too damned stingy to buy decent cloth, thus that stupid fucking skull cap.

HG[/quote]

Dude, I see your point, but does us all a favor and please tone it down. This is really not the direction we should be going in this discussion, is it?

jdsmith
IP co mod

[quote]Huang Guang Chen wrote:
That’s right, they’ll kill anyone they damned well like. Really, they’re just another tribe of fanatic ragheads mired in old testament mountains of teeth and eyes, except they’re too damned stingy to buy decent cloth, thus that stupid fucking skull cap.

HG

JD:
Dude, I see your point, but does us all a favor and please tone it down. This is really not the direction we should be going in this discussion, is it?

jdsmith
IP co mod[/quote]

Huh? What happened to my post? What exactly did it breach? Knock, knock, is Mosad in here?

HG

More news about the UNIFIL post and its Hezzie neighbors from an email the Canadian Major, who was one of the 4 UN observers killed, sent out in the days prior to the IDF attack.
Why did Kofi keep them there?

[quote]Hezbollah was using UN post as ‘shield’
Canadian wrote of militia’s presence, ‘necessity’ of bombing

Joel Kom, with files from Steven Edwards, CanWest News Service, The Ottawa Citizen
Published: Thursday, July 27, 2006

The words of a Canadian United Nations observer written just days before he was killed in an Israeli bombing of a UN post in Lebanon are evidence Hezbollah was using the post as a “shield” to fire rockets into Israel, says a former UN commander in Bosnia.

Those words, written in an e-mail dated just nine days ago, offer a possible explanation as to why the post – which according to UN officials was clearly marked and known to Israeli forces – was hit by Israel on Tuesday night, said retired Maj.-Gen. Lewis MacKenzie yesterday.

The strike hit the UN observation post in the southern Lebanese village of El Khiam, killing Canadian Maj. Paeta Hess-von Kruedener and three others serving as unarmed UN military observers in the area.

Just last week, Maj. Hess-von Kruedener wrote an e-mail about his experiences after nine months in the area, words Maj.-Gen. MacKenzie said are an obvious allusion to Hezbollah tactics.

“What I can tell you is this,” he wrote in an e-mail to CTV dated July 18. "We have on a daily basis had numerous occasions where our position has come under direct or indirect fire from both (Israeli) artillery and aerial bombing.

“The closest artillery has landed within 2 meters (sic) of our position and the closest 1000 lb aerial bomb has landed 100 meters (sic) from our patrol base. This has not been deliberate targeting, but rather due to tactical necessity.”

Those words, particularly the last sentence, are not-so-veiled language indicating Israeli strikes were aimed at Hezbollah targets near the post, said Maj.-Gen. MacKenzie.

“What that means is, in plain English, 'We’ve got Hezbollah fighters running around in our positions, taking our positions here and then using us for shields and then engaging the (Israeli Defence Forces),” he said.

That would mean Hezbollah was purposely setting up near the UN post, he added. It’s a tactic Maj.-Gen. MacKenzie, who was the first UN commander in Sarajevo during the Bosnia civil war, said he’s seen in past international missions: Aside from UN posts, fighters would set up near hospitals, mosques and orphanages.

"The UN post, he wrote in the e-mail, afforded a view of the “Hezbollah static positions in and around our patrol Base.”

“It appears that the lion’s share of fighting between the IDF and Hezbollah has taken place in our area,” he wrote, noting later it was too dangerous to venture out on patrols.

The e-mail appears to contradict the UN’s claim there had been no Hezbollah activity in the vicinity of the strike.

The question of Hezbollah’s infiltration of the area is significant because UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, speaking Tuesday just hours after the bombing, accused the Israelis of the “apparently deliberate targeting” of the base near Khiam in southern Lebanon."(more at link)
Ottawa Citizen[/quote]

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”][quote]Huang Guang Chen wrote:
That’s right, they’ll kill anyone they damned well like. Really, they’re just another tribe of fanatic ragheads mired in old testament mountains of teeth and eyes, except they’re too damned stingy to buy decent cloth, thus that stupid fucking skull cap.

HG

JD:

jdsmith
IP co mod[/quote]

Huh? What happened to my post? What exactly did it breach? Knock, knock, is Mosad in here?

HG[/quote]

Apparently a co mod or admin didn’t like the, language, venom, or stereotypical verging on antisemitic tone of your post…

go figure.

Never heard of the USS Liberty?

[url=USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia]The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a U.S. Navy intelligence ship, USS Liberty, in international waters about 12.5 nautical miles (23 km) from the coast of the Sinai Peninsula, north of El Arish, by Israeli fighter planes and torpedo boats on June 8, 1967.

It occurred during the Six-Day War, a conflict between Israel and the Arab states of Egypt, Jordan and Syria. The Israeli attack killed 34 U.S. servicemen and wounded at least 173. The attack was the second deadliest against a U.S. Naval vessel since the end of World War II, surpassed only by the Iraqi Exocet missile attack on the USS Stark on May 17, 1987.[/url][/quote]

Tigerman, just curious, we’re you aware of the Liberty incident before the discussions here at Forumosa about it?

I don’t remember. Probably was.

said the needle to the anvil: “Where’s your point?”

The same point in essence that Tigerman was making to Lord Lucan, not to mention that “The attack was the second deadliest against a U.S. Navy vessel since the end of World War II” and yet many Americans had never heard about it.

How about you, jdsmith, were you aware of the attack before the discussions here at Forumosa about it?

The same point in essence that Tigerman was making to Lord Lucan, not to mention that “The attack was the second deadliest against a U.S. Navy vessel since the end of World War II” and yet many Americans had never heard about it.

How about you, jdsmith, were you aware of the attack before the discussions here at Forumosa about it?[/quote]Nope.

but I was aware that the Israelis routinely screwed over US diplomacy in the 1980s, so I have no illusions about who they care for.

but then again, I am not an Israeli living in the ME.