Connector video iPod to TV

I asked at my local Tsann Kuen today for the Apple iPod AV Cable for connecting my 30GB video iPod to my TV so I could watch the next season of Lost. They don’t have it. They do have a generic AV cable that looks like it should do the trick, but they said bu xing. What will happen if I just plug in the non-Apple one? Will it work at all, or is there a danger of frying my iPod? I’m in Hualien, and I don’t think there is an Apple dealer here. What’s my options? Wait until my next trip to Taipei? Do the Apple stores have them there?

A bit off topic, but this whole iPod experience has been a little less satisfactory than I had hoped. I spent forever trying to be able to purchase from the store, because of their silliness with selling things to you if you are outside of The U.S. and/or your credit card has a non-U.S. address. I think I’ve finally got a Paypal account set up. I’ve put my Pimsleur lessons on my iPod, but cannot figure out where to put them all together to access them and not have them play when I just want to play a music shuffle. Should I try to put them under the audiobooks category? The whole usability thing between iPod, iTunes, iMusic, and now Paypal is extremely time consuming and frustrating, IMHO. I thought it all would have been smoother. It took way too long to figure out how to turn the volume down on my iPod, for God’s sakes. Anyway, how about that AV Cable? Anybody with some helpful info?

Thanks!

As far as I am aware of you cannot hook up a video ipod to a tv. It just doesn’t have video out capabilities… of course you can probably expect it on the next ipod release. I am surprised however that a 3rd party hasn’t developed something. Even if they have to add extra electronics, much of the cost of such a device is in the hardware.

False information. You can hook up to yr TV. See:
store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W … A242LL%2FA

My ipod experience has been nothing but joyful. PC users are just used to things being difficult and you look for the hardest way round. :slight_smile:

As for CC experiences… pretty standard. Amazon, Best buy etc wont ship to non US address CC’s.

And finally, Taiwan having them? Check the Applt TW site and call them and order. Simple really.
apple.com.tw/store/cablesanddocks#

AWOL, you’re my hero today! I knew it was possible, but I couldn’t quite find it on anything. Since my Chinese isn’t too good, I didn’t do too well on the Apple Taiwan site, but with your help, I see it.

By the way, I discovered that the generic kind of AV cable that Tsann Kuen/3C and others carry will NOT work with the iPod. I went ahead and purchased it, but it doesn’t properly fit the iPod plug. So I’ll take it back.

Also, I’m considering buying an Apple laptop when I get back to The States in the summer. So, perhaps I will no longer be a PC user! However, I’m still a bit concerned about the issues if I have to use a PC in the workplace and try and read and transfer files. Last time I used both was in the late nineties, and it really didn’t work well. I also have read that Macs will no longer read MSWord files sometime in the near future. Have you heard that as well? How will we all communicate then? PDFs? In any case, I may have to wait until I see what my next job has before purchasing a new laptop.

AWOL, you rock! :notworthy:

In iTunes select your Pimsleur lesson tracks, right-click “Get Info”
Under the Options tab there is a check box for “Skip when shuffling”, check this, and then resync the files to your iPod.

False information. You can hook up to yr TV. See:
store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W … A242LL%2FA

My ipod experience has been nothing but joyful. PC users are just used to things being difficult and you look for the hardest way round. :slight_smile:

As for CC experiences… pretty standard. Amazon, Best buy etc wont ship to non US address CC’s.

And finally, Taiwan having them? Check the Applt TW site and call them and order. Simple really.
apple.com.tw/store/cablesanddocks#[/quote]

Sorry, yeh, it appears your right, but the part that sux is that as far as I’m aware they don’t support DivX, you need to use a converter.

Rik,

You are my hero today too! How do you figure out all this stuff? I’m not having the best of luck with the online help. I’m just discovering bits by hours of exploration.

:notworthy: