Contemporary Calligraphy Art Exhibition in Tian Mu

Hello All,

Just thought I would let anyone who is interested know there is an exhibition by a famous Taiwanese calligrapher, Hsu Yung-Chin, going on in October in Tianmu. He is most famous for designing the Taiwan logo you see everywhere but he is a true living master and his work goes far beyond that. Anyway, it is at the Yes Art gallery in Tianmu which is just a bit up the hill from the big roundabout: 2F., No.48, Sec. 7, Zhongshan N. Rd., Shilin Dist., Taipei City, Taiwan. If you want to read more about the artist and see some of his previous work, you can here: taiwanlogo.blogspot.tw/

The opening is on the 5th of October at 3 o’clock and the artist and other interesting folks will be there. Also, snacks!

OK, hope to see all you art lovers there.

yesart.com.tw/

That looks amazing. The works on that link are beautiful. Will those paintings be exhibited? It’s interesting to see how Hsu Yung-Chin works (in the photos). Reminds me a bit of how Jackson Pollock worked.

Is there a door fee?

Great, I’m happy you like them. There is no door fee. The works that will be exhibited will be like the ones you see on the flyer at the top of the blog. The yellow and black ones, they are quite big. If you actually see him work in his studio, with the giant brush like in the first photo, it is quite amazing. The second photo, where Hsu is writing on glass, is a tribute to Picasso who did something similar :slight_smile: