Contractor to fix my steps (Xindian Bitan area)

Hey! I’m looking to fix the steps of the house we are going to move in, they are small steps like in the picture, we have 2 sets of 2 steps:

You might say “they seem perfectly fine!” but when you look closer…

You can notice that the previous renovation used something akin to cardboard for the steps, and they are all squeezed down from stepping on them. I could use the steps as soup bowl.

We’ve tried to contact some carpenter companies but they seem only interested in bigger renovation projects (worker’s shortage?), and we just need a reliable contractor to fix this in a day or two.
I’m also considering fixing myself.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated

2 Likes

Might be exactly that, it’s too tiny a project. DIY would probably be easier.

Sorry, no suggestions. But I bet if you offer a stupid amount of money for such a small project, many would take it if offered. But they likely wouldn’t want to ask for a rate that would occupy their entire day.

1 Like

Just do it yourself. Get a piece of wood the size of the step and viola.

For a contractor to come over it does cost them time/money to do, so expect to pay a lot for the amount of work you ask.

I’d just find a piece of strong wood, preferably baltic birch plywood, and remove the old step and put the new one on. I said baltic birch because they are quite strong compared to normal plywood. Whatever the step made of was probably low quality plywood that can’t handle the foot traffic. Alternatively you can use steel if they are well supported (3mm thick piece of steel with square tubes welded under it, they can handle at least 500kg easily assuming the framework can). Whatever material you use should be able to handle at least 250kg anyways.