Convicted of theft for picking up abandoned OBike

A post was merged into an existing topic: Why so much π–—π–Šπ–•π–—π–Šπ–˜π–˜π–Žπ–”π–“? :dvd::frog:

Are you in the slammer yet?

No, I’m supposed to get a committment notice or something and then I can apply for community service or something.

They’re taking their time about it.

Not sure why they would hurry. I’m not in jail or under any control order. They rather get my money or work than jail because jail costs money and are very overcrowded.

Final update:

I reported in as ordered and paid the 182,000NT fine. Case closed.

Thank you for those of you who helped me through this difficult time.

16 Likes

Ouch! That’s a big hit to the wallet.

It’s cheap compared to jail and whatever else that it comes with (like losing everything).

3 Likes

How’s the bike?

2 Likes

bike was confiscated, but honestly if someone gave me a bike like this as a gift I wouldn’t even take it. The bike was cheap POS and is much harder to ride than any other bike (like it has some stuck bearing or something). Maybe it works as exercise bike or something but U Bikes are like really easy to ride compared to this POS.

Basically the company was run like shit.

Too soon

4 Likes

You could’ve bought a really nice bike for NT$182,000.

6 Likes

You should thank him for funding the effective police work in Taiwan. /s

4 Likes

Hope the police officers are happy with their productivity.

7 Likes

True. With lucrative β€œcrimes” like this and all the traffic cameras, they’ve basically got a license to print money.

2 Likes

I bet they don’t collect the abandoned bikes on purpose.
It’s a profitable racket it seems. (Same with some leaving money in front of security cameras and calling police if someone picks it up)

Now next time @Taiwan_Luthiers can bring abandoned obike he finds to police’s lost and found. So they will not be able to charge him. If nobody claims the bike after a couple of months he can legally keep it.

4 Likes

technically if you call 1999 they will collect it.

Seems people were throwing them into creeks on purpose.

Now I got a banjo to fix. Has anyone tried to play a sad song on a banjo?

2 Likes

I have no sound here but how’s that?

1 Like
2 Likes

I always found that to be a pretty upbeat tune. :sunglasses: