Cool new stand

P_20180516_121831

usually you have to drill some holes somewhere if you want to have a bicycle in that position at home.

Cool invent.

I’ve seen these around, but I’ve actually never heard of anyone using this kind of stand…that needed to save space.

Does it really save that much space though?

Horizontally speaking yes.

I guess that you mean that this stand is for posers or hipsters, but people living in small apartments would benefit from it… as long as it doesn’t tip off.

Nah, I’ve seen some pics of road bikes with that stand when people post road bikes for sale or even sell that stand, just haven’t personally met anyone using it.

My personal peeve is that any kind of dust or grime stuck on the bike that wasn’t coming off when the bike was horizontal…is now coming off vertically.

I just built my own ones.
3 on one wall, 2 mtb’s on the other.
Can’t make it more compact.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s neat. Still you had to drill and maybe stick some shit onto the wall. But looks very nice. Depending on how the shake is, an earthquake could do a mess there…

It’s all properly drilled, plugged and screwed together, those bikes are going nowhere.
If an earthquake causes havoc there, it will be of my least concerns…:grimacing:

Precisely* what I have in mind when we move to a new house in a few weeks. Tidy

*Edit: perhaps not precisely. With young kids around I’m not going to get away with anything at floor level :wink:

Not quite an earthquake, but this was my uncle’s garage after it was hit by a Chelsea Tractor driven by some drunken moron (in Surrey)! I’m thinking I may go all belt and braces and will secure the wheels to the battens with some old toe straps Rob

No kids here, so much easier :slight_smile: .
Made the battens in a L-shape with a 2cm lip, so it is impossible for the bike to come off, need to lift it.
The bike can rock left and right a bit, but the battens are long enough not to let go.
Again, if these come down in an earthquake, the building is probably not standing any more…

Pratical tip: there are very handy wall brackets available.
Your pedals will hook into them, and you will not need a strap.
Easier for the bikes higher up.

s-l1600%20(1)

Thanks. I was gonna go with hooks, then strap to the top tubes with old inner tubes to maintain the cycling theme. :wink:

Take your point about the quakes, but I won’t have a lip on me battens. Bit paranoid, after the big quake down here in Feb’ '16(?) - no damage at all, except our scooter was shaken off its centre stand and it fell against the car… pretty sure that would dislodge some 8kg bikes :stuck_out_tongue:

Where’d you see that and is it for sale?

You mean my picture or @ericinformosa’s?

Your’s mate.

Found a similar one for… 4k… :disappointed_relieved:

https://www.momoshop.com.tw/goods/GoodsDetail.jsp?i_code=4646395&Area=search&mdiv=403&oid=1_14&cid=index&kw=自行車%20架

I saw it in some coffee shop near 228 park. You can try ruten or yahoo bid. @ranlee said he saw it online too, maybe he can confirm on prices.

I’m amazed you can search one website and not others…

https://shopee.tw/【小謙單車】全新X-FREE插入式L型停車架【C款三用型】-置車架-置放架-立車架-側放架-前後輪停放架-維修架-站立架-i.6857231.1178254736

This one seems like it comes with the bike, worth the price if you ask me

https://shopee.tw/-SimnaBike-台灣-MID停車架-公路車-立車架-停車架-橫放-直立-通通沒問題-i.16391651.1064463246