Coronavirus - America (November-December 2020)

Mask Wars Revisited

12/04/2020 - The Wall Street Journal

Summary

US sets daily covid infections record.
Who cares, what about hospitalizations?
US sets hospitalizations record.
Who cares, what about deaths?
US sets daily death records.
Who cares, what about other sources of deaths?
US logs covid as #1 source of deaths.

We can sum it all up with the covidiots just saying “Who cares?”

4 Likes

Does she consider that the entertainment industry is among Garcetti’s largest donors? Does she consider that she could get together a few thousand people in a similar situation and buy a senator or governor for herself?

It’s good to see that science is finally dictating policy in the US.

“Among the new rules is student-athletes are permitted to wrestle, but must refrain from handshakes before and after the match.”

Guiliani tested positive for COVID-19. His son had it and he kept on the road.

More details here:

Guy

By NBC’s count, at least 53 people in Trump’s orbit have tested positive for COVID-19. That number includes administration officials, campaign staffers and close contacts," NBC News White House correspondent Geoff Bennett tweeted.

“(The count starts with Hope Hicks’ diagnosis in October and includes the Giuliani announcement today.)” Bennet added.

1 Like

As the US Military have been known to say, “Collateral Damage”. I wont say any more as that gets into US Politics, for which a separate Topic exists.

Florida police raid house of fired data scientist who alleged state manipulated covid-19 stats

Florida police officers with guns drawn raided the home of an ousted health department data scientist Monday morning, searching for the former agency employee’s most powerful tools: her computer, her phone and other hardware that supports the coronavirus website she set up after accusing the state of manipulating its official numbers.

Law enforcement allege that the scientist, Rebekah Jones, may have also used the devices to hack into a health department website in November and to send an unauthorized message to Florida emergency personnel, urging them to speak out against the state’s pandemic response.

This is the latest clash between Jones and state officials, who have traded accusations since she was fired from the Florida Department of Health this summer. Jones said she had refused to comply with agency requests she considered unethical and she has accused the state of mismanaging a health crisis that has so far infected more than a million residents and killed nearly 20,000.

The armed officers, acting on a search warrant, knocked on the door of Jones’s house in Tallahassee around 8:30 a.m. Monday. A state police spokesperson said the officers announced their arrival, informed Jones they had a search warrant and tried calling her during the 20 minutes before she let them in.

A 30-second video that Jones posted to Twitter captures the tense moments after she opened her door.

Do tgey really need armed police for encounters like these? This is something auditors or other unarmed government officials can do.

No wonder there’s problem with police brutality.

I guess karma really works.

"Another main figure in President Donald Trump’s legal battle to challenge the results of the 2020 election has tested positive for Covid-19, people inside the White House and Trump campaign confirmed on Tuesday.
Jenna Ellis, who has worked side by side with Rudy Giuliani on behalf of the Trump campaign to file lawsuits in battleground states, has tested positive for the contagious disease. It is unclear when Ellis was told of her diagnosis, but Giuliani was diagnosed with the coronavirus on Sunday and was admitted to Georgetown University Hospital as a precaution.
Ellis caused a stir with White House officials who learned they were at a Christmas party last Friday with the Trump campaign attorney, who attended as a guest of trade adviser Peter Navarro. She was not feeling well, one person familiar with Ellis’ diagnosis said, and was not wearing a mask while mingling with the other guests, which included top administration officials. A senior White House official confirmed they were told of Ellis’ diagnosis.
“This is bound to become a super spreader. She was mingling with everyone and no one was wearing a mask,” said one party attendee.
A person who attended a Christmas party at the White House on Monday evening with campaign staff said Ellis’ diagnosis was discussed by guests at the party. That person noted that some of the guests chose not to bring family members or spouses because of how lax the White House has been with coronavirus precautions. "

This is what comes of making stupidity a virtue.

With the exception that they don’t die. Round the clock care and treatments unavailable to anyone else. From a personal level they aren’t stupid.

I wasn’t really talking about them.

1 Like

This is not the right way to run a country.

I’m not American, but even I am embarrassed by this. :slightly_frowning_face:

Guy

Don’t act like Democrats are going to do better.

Both parties seems to be working together to destroy America.

1 Like

The current optics from the White House are terrible—golfing, Christmas parties during a pandemic.

And btw you are the one who brought up “Democrats,” not me. I have not made any claims about them or their governing prowess—but you have. :grin:

Guy

What I mean is, what’s happening in America is an artifact of American society, as in America itself either doesn’t want to, or can’t change their ways to fight the pandemic. So while you can pick on Trump or the Republican party, it seems the problem is less about political party, but more about the leadership in general.

Like America could have grounded all flights like it did after 911 when the first cases started appearing. Then mandated local governments to enact mask rules, lockdowns, or anything to limit the pandemic.

250,000 American died because the leadership decided to do nothing.

That’s exactly what I’m acting like.

1 Like

The US has 15% infected already, the figures look really good according to Trump.

Football trumps science in my neck of the woods.