Coronavirus - America (November-December 2020)

‘Red’ neck of the woods?

1 Like

Is it seriously that high? That’s positive.

Thing is it shouldn’t be that high, considering the population density in America is much lower, and people are far more isolated.

It shows their leadership don’t know what they are doing.

Where it should be is irrelevant. If it is at 15% that’s highly positive.

Yeah…great

More than a third of Americans live in areas where hospitals are running critically short of intensive care beds, federal data show, revealing a newly detailed picture of the nation’s hospital crisis during the deadliest week of the Covid-19 epidemic.

Hospitals serving more than 100 million Americans reported having fewer than 15 percent of intensive care beds still available as of last week, according to a Times analysis of data reported by hospitals and released by the Department of Health and Human Services.

Of course, it would have been best if that could have been avoided.

Gloating about infected people? And all the death.

That could be what I’m doing.

Another possibility could be a desire for herd immunity. This will hopefully be met more rapidly with vaccines, but it will still take time. 15% with antibodies across the USA is incredible.

I’m restraining myself at the moment. One more moronic response to a well-thought out post of mine and I’m kicking off.

Didn’t drumpfus jr. say it’ll just vanish by November. ? Are we saying the great scion was wrong?

Look at all the “blue” states in this:

Democrats people! Can’t rule their states!

:joy:

I seem to remember someone saying there are not red states and blue states; there are (or should be) united states.

To paraphrase another person some folks might recall: A threat from COVID anywhere is a threat from COVID everywhere.

Guy

Fauci?

For the latter: if he changes his name to “Dr Martin Luther Fauci Jr” this might be possible. :grin:

Guy

1 Like

COVID is nowhere, COVID is everywhere.

Now you’re paraphrasing names as well as quotations. It’s not too far from making shit up.

Nah, sometimes we could use thinkers from the past to better understand challenges in the present.

Of course those analogies are never perfect. But in the case of the US they just might help.

Guy

In a time of truth telling deceits is a revolutionary act.

Unable to perform the simple civic act of wearing a mask. The whiners are really dragging the country down.
3 Likes

Why are Americans so against masks? Do they just not see the bigger picture?

I mean in the past they used propaganda to get people to do things that are necessary for the country, like ration stuff.

They could have just made masks with the American flag and call it “freedom veil”

Armed protestors threatening public workers’ children while they are working to save the protestors’ lives. Governors sending in goon squads to point guns at the children of people who have committed the crime of telling the truth.
An idiot president who posts “Fake news” about a doctor who has been working day and night to save people because said president is too lazy, stupid, and venal to care about the lies he tells.
Then there are the ones who are cheering them on.

2 Likes