Coronavirus - America

No? How many did the 80 infect? Did they follow up on that?

1 Like

Indeed. Best example is a single wedding. None of the attendees died…but they carried the plague home and sent 60 people to Heaven.

The wedding in Maine with 60 guests that has resulted, so far, in 7 deaths? 6 of which were in a care home which could easily have been prevented.

Or are you remembering a different wedding?

A different one, because the dead were several times the attendees.

I mean, with the college kids, they do not even register as sick. Yet they carry death in their wake.

In Peru, death rate is 6%, Central America has 3%.

An unspecified wedding, OK.

Death rate of 6% in Peru is 6% of what? Clearly not 6% of 30 million people. Do you mean 6% of those testing positive?

Trump must be doing a tremendous job.

1 Like

Let’s see: 750 thousand cases, nearly 30 thousand deaths - but probably more as counting is not exactly accurate.

BBC OK?

And tremendous, not a Native speaker, but isn’t that an unusual word to use in this context?

Edit
This is the wedding you mentioned. Now, 170 infected and 7 dead in a “small” gathering of 60 should be worrying, not dismissed. Especially when most affected where not in close contact to source.

Lemme keep looking.

1 Like

You’re discussing numbers of deaths as a proportion of positive cases. In Peru that is 6%. Trump likes to do this. My use of the word “tremendous” was a joke about Trump. He likes to compare total deaths against numbers of people who are tested. Which is obviously daft. It’s all dependent upon the number of tests - in this case testing in Peru.

As for the wedding, unless you are referring to another one it was 60 guests not 60 deaths. The wedding should not have happened, but that is irrelevant to the numbers claimed.

Watch the Trump video I posted. What is he saying about America that is different to what you are saying about Peru.

There’s going to be a relatively significant number of people moving out of the big cities over Covid-19, riots, etc. NYC (#1 populated, 8.3mn), LAX (#2, but maybe not so much, as haven’t heard of riots there, 3.9mn), Chicago (#3, definitely with the riots, 2.7mn), Houston (#4, no riots, 2.3mn). Looking perhaps like a horse-race may present itself between #3 and #4, as well as between Philadelphia (#6) and San Antonio (#7), which are neck and neck, over the next few years.

Numbers of deaths depend on factors like medical attention and all, but the issue is the numbers vary and can get worse. It is a number not to be dismissed.

In Peru, they do not have the resources to test nor treat. Heck, like 70% do not have running water. That is a warning to other countries, like US, where now millions are out of the health loop, homeless, making choices between medication for chronic conditions or rent, due to unemployment or simply not enough.

As with this wedding contagion, there were also many other weddings. That is one issue. It is not an isolated, unique incident. That the people who did not attend died is worrying as vectors of contagion spread is a second issue. The people who attended were not only irresponsible by attending but also took no precautions at home…and death followed. That is the third strike.

Lemme have some coffee and a full stomach before attempting to listen to Trump. I also need to research on whether the White House dictated CDC testing policies and his son in law told concerned groups that markets ruled when they asked a United front for PPE purchases.

Exactly why you can’t have big gatherings !

1 Like

“A close ally of President Donald Trump…”

Surprise, surprise.

The emails show Michael Caputo, who served as the assistant secretary for public affairs at HHS until taking a leave of absence earlier this week, confronting a CDC spokesperson for responding to a question from CNN about a vaccine education campaign.

“In what world did you think it was your job to announce an Administration public service announcement campaign to CNN?” Caputo said to the spokesperson on June 27.

“We will discuss this on a teleconference tomorrow. I want your HR representative in attendance,” Caputo said.

In a subsequent message he added, “I’m adding Dr Redfield back in this email exchange. Do not remove him again.”

1 Like

This is very ling and I haven’t read it through but what I did read was very interesting.

I agree. All I dismissed was Icon’s figure of 60 deaths.

1 Like

Icon read attendees as dead. Mind boggling still that they doubled the number of attendees in infected folk outside of the event, plus what amounts to 10% in their own number in innocent dead, people who did not break the rules, yet pushing daisies they are now.

It is more or less the same in the old country. A pool table of contagion…too many ending down the pocket.

I was thinking: what was the difference between the handling of SARS I and II? It was locking China up early.

I don’t know if you guys remember but there was a travel advisory. Yes, Chinese were not traveling that much, but neither were visitors coming in and out. No planes taking people, locals and foreign, all over. And afterwards, China was locked in.

Chinese are vengeful and don’t forget. After SARS I, they took over WHO and have downplayed or hid the seriousness of SARS II, African swine fever, etc. They promoting harmful closures makes sense but they are also pushing false information, muddling the waters, using the crisis for their benefit.

One of the attendees worked in a care home. That idiot accounted for 6 of the 7 deaths.

Well the others, if they attended a wedding, I do not trust them to be smart enough to wear masks around their families/coworkers/ anyone they interacted with, such as gas station attendants, supermarket clerk, etc. That accounts for the over 100 infected, so far, and then, it is a gamble how many will die. They are alredy damaged, getting sick means they will come out with some kind of problem. This is not a choice: dead or OK. It is lose-lose.

It’s all about balance. But, yes, many deaths are avoidable as is sickness. How to minimise both while avoiding unnecessary suffering elsewhere is the difficult question. Supporters of national lockdown have to bear responsibility for increased suicides, cancer deaths, domestic violence etc.

He’s an even bigger idiot than Trump. Which is really hard to accomplish.

1 Like

This thread is massive so forgive me if this has already been posted. Idiotic Canadian woman mocking mask wearing.