Coronavirus Crisis Open Thread - April

Well remember who’s most effected /s.

I recall reading about a wealthy family who’s maid got sick. Put her in a cab and sent her home. IIRC she died.

1 Like

I love Europe

Good news!

“A clinical expert panel on Wednesday also concluded that recovered coronavirus patients who later test positive for the virus again were not “reactivated” or reinfected, but were false positives.”

5 Likes

The month of May …Hold my 40 dawg…

1 Like

“Weapons of Mass Destruction” was coined for, and applied to, atomic bombs and radiological weapons (‘dirty bombs’) from 1945 to 2001, when George W. Bush muddied the term to apply to Saddam’s use of gas against his own people and Iran to stampede the American people to war- and added ‘biological’ to the mix because ooh, scary. It’s propaganda.
“Weapon” implies corona virus was being studied for military purposes- either offensive or defensive- and is again used to skip over the question of whether the Wuhan lab was studying the disease for control reasons- which is certainly possible. There is no evidence it was being used for military reasons.

“Is there anyway someone could weaponize the bird flu ?”
“Someone doesn’t have to weaponize bird flu . The birds are doing that.”.- Contagion

Sure I can help you hold your 40 dwag!! What is a dwag?
*dawg

It’s when you misspell “dawg.”

2 Likes

Hahahah! Think I started off by miss reading it.

Gotta stop drinking those 40s in the daytime. :wink:

1 Like

If I tell you, then I’ll be accused of letting them out. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
1 Like

Don’t quit your day job, Forbes…

2 Likes
1 Like

This is a tough tough period of time in history…

1 Like

China🤮

China is showing why nobody should do business with them

6 Likes

No meat shortage, especially of pork, in Japan.

Takashi Okamura made the comments at the weekend on his “All Night Nippon” radio show in response to a listener who complained that he was unable to visit any massage parlours or other such venues Japan’s red light districts have been asked to close down to halt the spread of the virus.

Okamura counselled his listener to “save your money” until after the crisis has passed, as there would be impoverished “pretty girls entering [the sex industry] after the coronavirus is over”.

Ah! A glimmer of hope? That really would be some solid progress.

Well, if they’d called it the “Dutch Fuck-You-China Office” that might have been a bit provocative, but as is I can’t see it…do they expect “Chinese Taipei” in the title?

Hmm…“Yook-Fuck-You-China Office” has a certain ring…must write to my MP.

Well semantically and technically I suppose you are correct, though your quote is rather oddly chosen, (since it directly contradicts what you are saying), and, as you hint, the WMD label has been degraded by propaganda use.

The MD bit I assume isn’t a point of issue, so its the W bit that’s arguable.

If you pick up a rock and chuck it at someone it becomes a weapon, though it wasn’t designed as such.

Lets call it a TWT (Tactical Weapon Trouve)

If you pick up a natural infection and allow its spread internationally, while implementing stringent control at home, it becomes a weapon in the same way.

Hence WMD.

Or SWT (Strategic Weapon Trouve)

1 Like

Other netizens allegedly posted images of Ming Dynasty leader Zheng Chenggong, who defeated the Dutch in Taiwan, and wrote: “Although he was from the Ming dynasty, many of his descendants are still here, just across the Taiwan Straits.”

Yep, just waiting for you assholes.