Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

What is happening with this forum? Are you guys living in USA or Taiwan. There are so many post about what is happening in states, what is Trump doing…bla…bla… Ofc what is happening internationaly matters to Taiwan but reading this forum seems I’m in Houston not Taipei

5 Likes

As I said earlier test test test. Somewhat positive news.

The government here also needs to massively ramp up it’s population testing to ensure there is no transmission . Young people can have the virus and have no clue .They should also test all returnees even though they are being quarantined anyway.

8 Likes

People obviously have family elsewhere and are concerned.

We are very fortunate to be in Taiwan

3 Likes

The next few days are expected to be the worst in deaths, and than it will start to improve. Or so the experts think if the lock down worked, since it was expected the results come 2 weeks after.

We will see. If it doesn’t work, it’s very worrying to the rest of the world. Italians were very active in testing and lock the country down to prevent spread. What else can you do?

5 Likes

For now. After yesterday, I don’t know. Someone I know put it like this

Case

Case

Case
Case
Cluster ——- we are here
Cluster
Boom

2 Likes

really? there’s practically a small supermarket around every corner. you may not find your favorite food. but i’m sure there will be something edible left.

looking at the the success of Costco here in Taiwan, I would suggest otherwise.

I know it looks different for young people who live in a small apartment. but most of them still have family to support them if needed.

1 Like

SOMEONE FROM THE CDC TOLD DREWC THERE WILL BE 40000 CONFIRMED CASES TODAY. HIT THE DECK, GUYS.

At least that’s what I’m reading between the lines.

4 Likes

No, just some guy at work. Cases are accelerating. That’s undeniable. Hopefully community transmission hasn’t spiraled out of control. And if it has, then hopefully we’ll be a South Korea and not an Italy.

6 Likes
1 Like

Yep in theory it should peak and drop rapidly. Here’s wishing you and Italy the best there

5 Likes

I won’t quote you on that. :wink:

The success from Costco comes from it being a meme and having “American” food. And I do t think these small grocery stores will support a chimp-out.

Again these are just my views, and I hope you’re right.

No reason to panic. If I’m not mistaken there was only 1 community transfer this week. They are tracking down everyone that had been in contact with the cases and testing/quarantining them. Any one who went to Europe since March 4th is now retroactively required to report to CDC.

5 Likes

I did a 2 week worth of meat yesterday and some veggies , no toilet paper, no canned goods, no rice nothing. Just meat and veggies. People were starring at my shopping cart as if I had committed a crime. But they didn’t bat an eye on people with carts so full and piled to the top they couldn’t see ahead and had to push from the side to be able to maneuver it. Mine wasn’t even half full in the inside. I guess because I am a foreigner and people here don’t eat that meat like we do. My meal is 50% meat, Taiwanese places are like 30% or less of meat on a plate and a lot of rice or some dirty soup.

1 Like

DREWC IS THE CDC DOCTOR GUY

#exposed

9 Likes

I’ve always wondered if people in the UK actually cared about what the royals said. It’s just such a weird concept to me.

But poor Prince Williams, he’s not a bad looking guy…but the balding :grimacing:

4 Likes

That guy better be the next damn president when this all blows over.

6 Likes

Why do gov officials aways wear the same vest?

2 Likes

Because they’re bad ass. It’s like their ‘Members Only’ jacket.

9 Likes

Stop picking on people!! :joy::joy::joy:He can’t help that balding.

I guess. I’m only interested in the show and the gossip.

I hope with all this time taiwan has bought we have millions of tests available now. That will be the only way out if we have an outbreak here.

1 Like