Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

SARS was nothing like this, c’mon…

7 Likes

You can now officially take Xi’s position, sir

3 Likes

Yet their NO₂ and SO₂ emissions are still low

2 Likes

I’d almost given up on Time, and then they publish this…

8 Likes
3 Likes

Disgusting. I don’t doubt we could hear some Chines…cough, Taiwanese rich folks repeating that soon

2 Likes

Wishing you a good day, too.

Guy

2 Likes

Must’ve been a really bad break-up… :open_mouth:

1 Like

“New Taipei City Mayor Hou You-yi (侯友宜) yesterday said that he would ask borough wardens not to travel overseas after one last week took a group of local residents on a trip to Europe that had been organized in December last year.”

Is that how they make some extra cash?

4 Likes

Perfect! My already “COVID19247” feed can now have even more updates about COVID19!

1 Like

Costco Xingjhuan is PACKED with carts lined up for mines trying to check out…

I am confident the gov is going to start rationing stuff.

1 Like

My wife said they were stuck 2h at the checkout line in a Carrefour in Nantou.

1 Like

Is this just today? I was at Carrefour just yesterday and there wasn’t a huge line.

I managed to get out of costco with my items because I only bought 2 items, and so I was able to skip the miles of carts.

I told them to go yesterday evening because I anticipated the rush. They went and it was fine.

Not sure why they went today one more time…

What changed? 100th COVID-19 celebration?

3 Likes

It is anticipated that more returnees from abroad will be infected. Some might ignore the quarantine rules. And tomb sweeping is on the horizon. More returnees…
If there are more confirmed cases then shopping malls will become war zones.
Will be worse than singles day in Costco.

1 Like
3 Likes

My coworker said they’ve reappropriated a number of hotels in the Neihu area for housing the quarantined.

2 Likes

I just hope that, if a partial lockdown comes, they’ll be sensible enough to allow bike riding. It looks like in much of America heading out for exercise or walking your dog is still fine, as long as you keep distance from others. I confess I’m skeptical Taiwan would make allowances like that.

3 Likes

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/qantas-group-outlines-customer-and-employee-impact-of-coronavirus-related-network-cuts/

This virus will soon stop all international flying
It’s unprecedented

This is becoming a Pandora’s box virus

2 Likes