Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

Had that for a flu test 2 years ago. It is discomforting, but not painful. Same for a camera down your nose.

Diamond Princess 712 8 567 137 15

Don’t you just love auto correct
:sheep: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Too much Bolivian marching powder? :sunglasses:

I guess that’s somewhat encouraging.

1 Like

Or he is just another horny guy hoping to get lucky.

I find it remarkable that no infections have been connected to food service or food delivery/drivers.

1 Like

Maybe all that grease and MSG kills the virus? :thinking:

3 Likes

Has the Omni quarantine breaker been named yet?

Get his face out there. He’s basically risked thousands of lives.

If people die because of him, he should face jail

2 Likes

I read there are many cases that don’t show positive with the nasal swab either but only can see the real damage with CT scan

I heard/read the most accurate test is a faecal test (大便檢查).
Chest x-ray and ct-scan does not confirm infection. It only confirms pulmonary complications, like pneumonia.

Oh wow. And back in…January?..when I first read that the virus was found in feces I thought it sounded really odd.

Doggie <3

5 Likes

Go get tested. Most likely you are fine and getting checked will be a big weight off your shoulders. I thought I had breast cancer last year and was afraid to see the doc. It was a great relief to see a doc and get a clean bill of health. Stress can make you sick. Let us know how you are doing.

1 Like

I think I need to take a break from Forumosa or at least the virus related threads for a while.

This site has been my go-to source for information about covid and specifically covid in Taiwan. It has been very informative and useful but extremely intense.

Mental health is so important in full body health. I think many of us, if not all of us, are feeling extra stress and worry. This is a major global event whose intensity and impact we’ve never faced before in our lifetime. It’s totally understandable to get a bit freaked out.

But with freaking out also comes a hit to our mental and physical well being. So much so that a simple cold or sore throat causes us to stress, lose sleep and imagine the worst.

So a mental break for a couple days is a good prescription…but of course staying cautious and vigilant.

Stay well everyone.

30 Likes

Tried. Can’t. See above.
Thanks for the well wishes though.

1 Like

Looks like the system is working pretty well… :open_mouth:

8 Likes

Good news no fever. To get over colds, I’ll boil ginger and drink tea. Delicious for the first cup and sweating by cup 5. Neti pot with saline solution helps me for the sinus phase. You cannot sleep too much and plain homemade chicken soup is your friend.

4 Likes

The worrying almost certainly affected your immune system and made you more vulnerable to falling ill. That’s how I ended up getting sick last month. So it’s definitely the right move to take a break.

Stay informed, but don’t read and think about it all day long. That goes for everybody here.

6 Likes

What if you just left your phone at home lol

They send you texts that you have to answer within a certain amount of time…and if you don’t…

5 Likes

CBC’s Marketplace looks at what Taiwan has been doing right—and how Canada could and should up its game:

Guy

2 Likes