Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

oh i get it. That is meant to be a thumbs up lol I will change it

I don’t know whether the demographic stats are changing. Perhaps younger people are going to start getting hit more in nations that have higher levels of obesity. The Italians are considerably less porky than the Americans or the Brits.

Cheers, although 50 feels horrific at the moment.

1 Like

Well, our flights to Canada just got cancelled. I’m waiting to hear from the government about extending the expiry date on my wife’s permanent residence visa but I figure we’re not going until July now.

1 Like

Yeah anyone traveling the to their homelands heads up: someone I know who was heading back to the States said their flight straight up disappeared off the website. Like, had a ticket, logged on for online checkin, and the flight didn’t exist anymore.

Well, perhaps not quite always

There is actually a mask reference at the end in that scene but its been cut from this version

Foreman “Do these work?”
Scientist “To an extent”
I think that sums it up

2 Likes

Rammstein frontman in critical condition from COVID-19.

Just a flu, bro :cry:

16 Likes

Permanent residency has an expiry date? Sounds like an oxymoron.

Interesting (albeit not particularly encouraging) blog post about recent preliminary clinical trial results:

sì, i nostri aerei e la nostra pasta

She doesn’t have permanent residency yet, so I might have explained that wrong.

She’s applied and it’s been approved, but she’s supposed to enter Canada by the end of April for the residency to kick in–if she misses that date, then the offer of permanent residency is cancelled and we need to go through the whole process of applying again.

We can’t even go to the south pole now.

reference is missing me :laughing:

Some intrepid global traveler and covid sufferer hit the “south pole” as part of his world tour, apparently

3 Likes

its a future election coup for Boris, maybe

1 Like

Joking aside, he needs to be careful as his wife is pregnant.

Dr Fauci speaks—with Trevor Noah. Awesome stuff.

Guy

3 Likes

che cazzo cazzo dopo (that means something in ligurian)

Hannibal Lecter is not dead! :rofl: