Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

Good grief. What will it take for these guys to learn a bit of humility? When Ebola hit West Africa not so long ago, they did at least make a desultory effort to address the causes instead of blaming white people.

Works with zombies.

That’s slightly unfair. The UN has at least partially solved the problem of otherwise unemployable busybodies cluttering up the dole queue.

6 Likes

Not sure about that.

3 Likes

Al Jazeera is reporting 11 deaths in the US.

Iran isn’t having a very good time dealing with the Coronavirus.

2 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes

Some context would be nice. I just see a guy on the floor of some street. Is the man in the video even speaking Arabic? (It sounds Eastern European to me.) Is that a beer bottle in the phone booth thing?

I don’t want to doubt the words of this gossiping old Chinese lady, but…I doubt the words of this gossiping old Chinese lady.

The story just doesn’t make much sense. So despite the shortages of medical stuff, they still have enough body bags in Wuhan to use 4 on one patient? And doctors are shipping people off to be incinerated in sight of the other patients, then letting those witnesses go to spread the news?

Interesting. This is probably a very good time to focus on the health of your lungs.

Besides coronavirus and poor air quality, other correlations among China, South Korea, Italy, and Iran are that lots of citizens smoke, and along with a few other places (US, UK, Europe) they’re the only places that are currently being tested for Covid19.

This meant collecting samples in three of the most crowded areas of a cruise ship – one in front and two in the back of it – for a period of 15-20 minutes while the ship was out at sea, therefore with reduced ambient pollution.

Dr Kennedy also decided to release all the data he had so that it could be verified and reviewed independently (so far no independently verified results have been released). As such, the data collected remains open to contest.

The levels were measured on four different cruise ships belonging to Carnival Corporation, namely Carnival , Holland America Line and Princess Cruises .

“The findings were shocking,” Ulrich concludes. “In some instances, the air pollution in the back of the ship in places where people would be was as bad as, or worse, than a bad day in Beijing.”

7 Likes

Look for changes to the numbers coming out of the US soon.

After a slow initial roll-out, test kits for the new coronavirus are now becoming more widely available in the United States. That means a big surge in testing is coming — one that will likely cause a significant increase in identified cases of the COVID-19 illness.

Vice President Mike Pence, who is leading the government’s coronavirus response, said Wednesday that more than 2,500 kits are being distributed around the country this week. That will make more than 1 million tests available to hospitals that have requested them, particularly in regions where cases have already been identified, he said.

I doubt that the ‘bodies on the street’ are as a result of covid-19 - if you were at deaths door with it (or any form of ‘flu’ for that matter) you would hardly be in any state to climb out of bed, let alone go walking down a street.

3 Likes

Great news for drunk drivers…roadside checks are being suspended nationwide! :astonished:

2 Likes

more reason not to head out

2 Likes

And I thought they disinfected it after each test…

Have you ever looked at cops’ fingernails? Yech…

3 Likes

At least in Taiwan they are not releasing prisoners…yet

Wait, is that why mad masala has suddenly reappeared?!

2 Likes

What? @mad_masala has risen from the dead?! :grinning: