Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

Italy not in good shape. Supposedly most of their cases can be tracked back to just one guy !

Ireland is still allowing Italians to fly into the country with no quarantine. The rationale for doing nothing is that they could simply travel from somewhere else . I think they are idiots. They should at least quarantine anybody coming in from Italy

I’ve seen statements from both New York governor and New South Wales they believe the virus cannot be contained. :thinking:

2 Likes

Petition to have these installed nationwide:

10 Likes

“Don’t touch your face to prevent the spread of virus”

proceeds to licking her own finger

12 Likes

Not the best time for cruises anywhere, even if it turns out to be a false positive…

Virus related news

Will these coupons be for citizens only?

there’s a spot for those over here.

4 Likes

I almost do want it! knowing so I can’t spread. get over and done with.

The decision to ban Taiwanese travelers is not politically motivated? Really?

1 Like

More ‘Western experts’ telling people not to wear masks. Use a tissue for coughs :joy:

BBC News - Coronavirus symptoms: What are they and how to protect yourself?

And this guy…‘you don’t need to wear face masks even though they are good at stopping transmission…’.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Do face masks work? And other questions answered

1 Like

Apparently we don’t really develop immunity to coronaviruses, so getting it over with sadly doesn’t apply.

Yeah I read that before but didn’t realise it was fact.
I was being a little flippant really 14 isolation days maybe not!

1 Like
3 Likes

This guy was even in clinic in Taiwan for coughing and they didn’t test him. He got diagnosed on arrival in Australia

2 Likes

Doesn’t this guy have other things to do, like enforce the rule of law, instead of scoring Twitter points like a teenage bully? I hope this is a parody account.

Found this at Carrefour today.
I guess you could shave a bar a soap yourself for less, but interesting to see.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can bully someone above your station. The irony of a billionaire trying to look like the common folk eating pizza backfiring is too much for anyone to resist lol.

But it’s a parody account. The AG posts from the justice department account.

https://twitter.com/mikebloomberg/status/1234573263130460160?s=21

1 Like

F

1 Like

So this might be a situation where they cannot track his movements during his time in Taiwan, February 23 to March 2.

1 Like

Seems bad situation… especially he was probably visiting all tourist spots and using public transportation

2 Likes