Coronavirus Funny Pictures 2023 💉 😷

1 Like

I assume the joke here is that the NHS doesn’t do veterinary medicine but treats humans as if they were animals, or something. Is that right? Because if that’s not it, I don’t see what covid has to do with rabies.

It could be.
It could also be laughing at the response to get jabbed, in that pets will also get jabbed and their oh so virtuous owners promote it on social media.
Maybe @finley saw it as something else?

I confess I didn’t know black hairy tongue was the name of a human disease.

PS. The tweet is real:
https://twitter.com/licjulie/status/1443967802541551618

2 Likes

I saw it as “the NHS will jab absolutely anything, because that’s why the NHS exists, and then slap a badge on it to prove that they’ve carried out their holy mission”. It probably would have been funnier if it was an aubergine having its monkeypox shot.

What they won’t do is let you see a doctor, but there’s probably another meme for that.

I realize this is the funny pictures thread, but my dad did a barium swallow exam a couple of weeks back after initially seeing the doctor in maybe January or February. The first available appointment for getting the results is in August.

So ridiculous. I’d hope that someone is doing an initial check of the results to determine whether a more urgent appointment is necessary, but who knows. It’s ridiculous either way - if all is well, you’d think they could just say that over the phone rather than making the person wait 5-6 months. Makes me feel fortunate to live in Taiwan.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah, “two weeks to save the NHS” apparently didn’t work out so well. But I suspect they knew that all along.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Hope it’s OK to post videos here. Doesn’t really belong in funny videos …

1 Like

There’s the Satirical News thread, but I think here’s fine too

Probably a repost, but too lazy to watch it to confirm. :yawning_face:

Wonder if they also sold groundhogs.

4 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

hmmm. It turns out he didn’t really apologise for being completely, totally wrong, for espousing dumb superstitions, for lambasting people for not believing in bullshit, and for dissing the founding principles of the nation. He just “should have communicated better”, which suggests he still thinks he was basically right. Pathetic.

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes