Coronavirus Funny Pictures 2023 💉 😷

2 Likes

Well yeah, that’s what they’re supposed to do. It wouldn’t be right if the vaccines appeared to injure some recipients and the manufacturers just continued selling them without any investigation, discussion, or repercussions.

I mean for dog vaccines.

3 Likes

3 Likes

That starting salary is a bit crap - not much more than minimum wage. They probably need to offer a bit more than that to get sufficient cannon-fodder for the next round of pointless wars.

2 Likes

Money for college is good though

1 Like

Apparently the new recruitment videos show all white people, or mostly.

1 Like

3 Likes

Continuing the off-topicness…

I’m not sure how it works in that country, but if we suppose 40h/week, it’s significantly more than the federal minimum wage of $7.25/h (~$15k/year). Add the benefits and you get significantly more on top of that. And I assume they don’t pay room & board (which means a lot in these crazy times), but I might be wrong.

Oh and there’s also this:

Youth (First 90 calendar days only) $4.25 The Fair Labor Standards Act has since August 20, 1996, allowed for persons under the age of 20 to be paid $4.25 for the first 90 calendar days of their employment.[197][198]

Just sayin’.

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Don’t let basic math and reasoning get in the way of a highly complex faith system, science vs. fantasy :runaway:

"Unlike high school or college, where you may have been in class and studying around six hours a day, the Army trains for about 12-14 hours a day, six days a week.

You’ll come to love Sundays, unless you’ve managed to “earn” some extra-duty time during the week."

Fort Jackson Basic Training

“You are on call 24 hours, 7 days a week.”

Comparing Military and Civilian Pay and Hours

Detailed 2023 Army Careers Pay and Benefits:

3 Likes

Well, yeah, I suppose you do technically get “room and board”, but it’s not exactly the Hilton. And as for the pay, well, considering the nature of the job, it seems a bit subpar to me. It’s not really comparable to flipping burgers, not least because (as @FairComment points out) the hours are a lot longer and the demands are a lot higher.

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes