Coronavirus Open Thread 2021

Continued from Taiwan Covid-19 thread:

As a reply to:
my post:

Blockquote
Actually reading the news about some of the cases - discovered 1 week after quarantine - but with negative test at the end of quarantine - I since quite a few weeks don’t believe in 0 cases in Taiwan anymore.

I’m sure covid-19 is just not very dangerous here - with Taiwan having the highest vitamin-D levels of any developed country. Hence for most of the year - R will be around 0.8-1.2 maybe. Also the lowest Vitamin-D levels here are not with the elder, but with the 30-39 year old female - which are not a risk group.
Vitamin D deficiency in elder is <10%. That’s why Taiwan coped so well - the measures imposed were good and helped, but the real deal is the low vitamin D deficiency. Same reason why in Europa Norway and Finland get away with much less strict measures, and Denmark/Sweden kinda okay. While super Vitamin D deficient countries like Italy take the ****

Now I think the government knows about Covid-19 slowly spreading - that’s why they put the mask edict since 01. december. Luckily soon it will get sunnier again - and if it hasn’t spread badly by March, it will go away again. Clearly the government must have that strategy, while not telling the people to stop panic and keep Taiwan officially covid free…

I know this opinion is way against the mainstream - but reading up on all proper studies on Vitamin-D and coronavirus - I think it’s quite safe to assume that Vitamin D is the vital part in this. Just really speculating about the government actions where I take more a guess in the blue.

I couldn’t find any other developed country with less Vitamin D deficient people than Taiwan. It’s ahead of Norway/Finland. India on the other hand - huge deficiency but rather young people. Otherwise that would be the worst hit country (people living close to each other / no good sanitation, low Vitamin D, and so on). There is a clear correlation between Vitamin D deficiency and Coronavirus spreading.
Only some stupid studies not showing it - like giving people in ICU vitamin D instead of Calcifediol (Brazil, cause Vitamin D takes 7-14 days to rise - and if the cytokine storm is already there/over than it’s too late) - or studies just dosing ridiculously low. Most adults would need to supplement 4000IU per day, 400IU won’t do anything significant…