Coronavirus Open Thread 2021

Wait a second. Please explain this to me. Perhaps I misunderstand.

You are blaming antivaxxers for what exactly? Causing the current and continued spread of the Covid virus?

If there were no antivaxxers and everyone dutifully got vaccinated, the pandemic would be over? The only reason that Covid and specifically the Delta Variant is spreading is because of the people who refuse to get the vaccine?

Here’s how I see things. Correct me where I’m wrong.

The Covid virus is continuing to spread between those who aren’t vaccinated as well as those who dutifully got fully vaccinated. With the continued spread of the Delta Variant, children are now starting to get ill, according to NBC Nightly News today. The reason the virus is spreading is due to the failure to continue to practice social distancing and wear masks. People who got vaccinated incorrectly assumed that once they were fully vaccinated that they were immune from contracting or spreading Covid to others. This assumption has now been proven false. Fully vaccinated people can get infected with Covid and can infect others. The main thing being vaccinated does is protect from serious illness from Covid, hospitalization and intubation and death.

So, I don’t give a crap about antivaxxers. They aren’t preventing me from doing anything and they aren’t causing this pandemic to continue. They get Covid, they might die. So what? Darwin’s Natural Selection at work here.

5 Likes