Coronavirus Open Thread 2021

We now christen you…Deltaland.
Go forth and infect !

If masks work as some scientists claim, why do the gophers for the elite continually appear to think they are just for show?

2 Likes

Quoted for truth
Let those among us who have NOT been startled by a deer while sunbaking naked and then run into a forest before getting lost requiring police to render assistance cast the first stone.

But then all discussions should also include the effects/deaths from other causes due to people not being able/willing to visit hospitals, because of either hospitals stopping “non-essential” services or people being terrified to leave the house for over a year.

3 Likes

More pissing on your shoes and telling you it is piss.

2 Likes

These serious business meetings will be held in the most exclusive restaurants, bars and hotels to save the VIPs from having to deal with the plebs, I mean to ensure the public is safe.

3 Likes

On a similar theme:

Obviously, I wouldn’t condone this sort of thing (these lads seem to be both retarded and drunk), but the funny part is the outpouring of sympathy for the poor dear, given that he’s been partially responsible for buggering up the lives of 60-odd million people. He had some alcohol fumes breathed in his face, FFS. He didn’t get beaten up or hanged from a lamppost, as might have been his fate in less civilized corners of the planet.

1 Like

How awkward. He looks like he’s never even interacted with any of these types of guys in his entire life. Don’t worry, Chris, they’re only 'aving a laugh!

1 Like

Exactly. As far as I can tell, they were just being friendly, albeit at a simian level.

Whitty actually has quite an interesting background. I’m surprised he’s turned out to be such a useless CMO.

Well there are rumours he would like interacting with certain types so you never know.

1 Like

24 doesn’t equal 37 unless you make the cockeyed assumption that two countries with the same median age should be ranked differently in a median age ranking.

Wait for the new UK law. You cannot say anything negative to anyone involved with the government’s covid response. Section 5.3.2.7

5 years in jail

2 Likes

Everybody can be correct: TW’s median age is 24th highest on that list but 35 countries’ are higher.

(The format of that list is really confusing)

2 Likes

Apparently. I tried my best.

Also this prediction was WAY off base. Taiwan has a very high CFR.

How do you know that? It’ll be impossible to tell one way or the other until the curve levels out.

Government statistics.
If you don’t believe them we can’t help it.

The government cannot predict the future.

So when the stats don’t match your prediction you say don’t look at the stats now ?

There aren’t any stats. You have absolutely no way of knowing how many people are susceptible until COVID has been spreading “out there” in the wild for a few months. You know this.