Coronavirus Open Thread 2022

"“Pre-Covid, people who believed in medical misinformation were generally just talking to each other, contained within their own little bubble, and you had to go and do a bit of work to find that bubble,” she said. “But now, you don’t have to do any work to find that information — it is presented in your feed with any other types of information.”

In other words, we were fine with people talking as long as they couldn’t reach anyone. Talking, fine, to each other, my word no! If there’s one thing they want to stop it’s people actually talking to each other.

For multiple obvious reasons, the effects of stopping people from talking to each other are far worse than those of any incorrect information they might share.

2 Likes

From India:

1 Like

“According to a survey by LocalCircles, a social community platform, 51 per cent of the respondents said they knew one or more persons who have had heart attacks, strokes, sudden cancers, neurological disorders etc. in the recent past. Out of those who experienced such events, 62 per cent of the cases were found to have been double vaccinated, 11 per cent had received a single dose and 8 per cent were unvaccinated.”

The methodology here is pretty dodgy, but I’d say that constitutes what they call “a signal”. Not unreasonable to call for a proper investigation to find out what’s going on. You’d think the health authorities would be on something like this pronto, wouldn’t you?

We can see that the year 2020 saw an increase of about 13 per cent in overall mortality over the average of the previous five years. What is striking also is that even in 2022 there is significant excess mortality of about 8 per cent over the 2015-2019 average.

I’ve run the numbers myself and that’s pretty much what I found too. However the devil is in the details. The deaths of 2020 were compressed into an two extremely short time windows (one in March, one at the end of the year) and those two events were qualitatively different. The deaths that occurred between those spikes were different in character again. Loss of life seems to trend downwards into younger and younger age groups starting in 2021, continuing up to the present day. I’ll post what I found when I have time.

The way forward would be to halt mass vaccination in those who have recovered from natural infection and follow them forward to monitor any adverse events presently being attributed to long Covid.

This is the big question, isn’t it. Are any of those “long COVID” cases vaccine injuries? If so, how many? A few? A lot?

The problem here is that because nothing was recorded properly - despite a legal obligation to do so when a drug is in phase 3 trials - it’s almost impossible to separate out vaccine effects from any other putative effects. Which is perhaps why they were so very keen to get 100% vaccine coverage, as many observers suggested at the time. And as the author is pointing out here, one possible way around the problem is to simply halt vaccination and see what happens going forward. Obviously, they won’t do that.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Coronavirus Open Thread 2023