Coronavirus Open Thread (October-December 2020)

Right, but how required is it really? Is there some official policy? What will happen if you don’t do it? That’s what I’ve been trying to pin down. I’m pretty sure private schools can refuse you, but what will public schools do. Children have to go to school by law, I’m more sure of that.

2 Likes

Because you seem to have better knowledge of it than me. You’ve been banging it out in all caps.

Yeah I have reason because you regularly make claims with no information provided. I know schools require vaccination records on entry and also that the weisheng shu will follow up with unvaccinated kids very persistently.

1 Like

You mean this law?

Regulations Governing Immunization Procedure, Review of Children’s Immunization Record, and Catch-up Immunization

3 Likes

Article 7
When new enrollees enroll in kindergartens, daycare centers and elementary schools, their legal guardians shall submit immunization records that meet the schedules and items mentioned in the preceding Article for review.
For new enrollees that are not up to date with the required immunization, the elementary schools, kindergartens or daycare centers shall prepare a name list and notify local competent health authorities to request assistance in arranging the catch-up immunization, and when necessary, coordinate with the local competent education or social affairs authorities for cooperation.
Article 8
Procedures for the notification and operation mentioned in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article are as follows:

1. notifying the legal guardian in writing the review results and matters concerning catch-up immunization;
  2. school children delaying or omitting immunization for other special medical reasons shall be contacted or referred to local medical care institutions for further examination to decide if catch-up immunization should be conducted;
  3. assisting local competent health authorities to implement matters concerning immunization or catch-up immunization and ensure the children catch up on missed vaccines; and
  4. coordinating with local competent health authorities in recording and providing the competent authorities with electronic records of the various immunizations received by children while they are in schools.
    Article 9
    The review of immunization records shall be performed by elementary schools, kindergartens and daycare centers; while matters concerning catch-up immunization shall be handled by the competent health authorities.

Let’s not divert the topic to things I may or may not have done elsewhere.

So you’re saying kids can’t go to school without their immunization records in order? Strange, my kids weren’t even asked for it.

So as usual the law is not written very clearly. But few will escape that process without getting their kids vaccinated.

Mine certainly were. And continually tracked by weisheng shu to get vaccination at certain time periods.

Definitely, the bottom line seems like they will hassle you until you do it. But it may not be mandatory strictly speaking, unless I’m missing something

2 Likes

The law leaves wriggle room to claim not mandatory if a parent wanted to drag this out over years , I will give welcome that. At the same time the process surely results in 99% compliance .

1 Like

So you’re saying it’s not mandatory in that there’s no enforceable penalties, but most people comply with the requests anyhow, thinking they may be prosecuted if they don’t.

1 Like

By far most people understand the blindingly obvious fact that vaccines benefit their children and do it willingly.

3 Likes

And that’s fine too if it’s their belief/understanding.

You can objectively demonstrate that viruses like measles, mumps and rubella should be vaccinated against.

Acknowledging that there are some viruses for which mandatory vaccination is appropriate does not inherently preclude an argument against mandatory vaccination for a virus like SARS-CoV-2.

1 Like

This is weird. Why are the tests so inaccurate?

My friend also got a false positive in Italy after a positive and then a negative after. So weird.

I am not surprised. Musk was using a rapid antigen test, which so far at least seem to yield wildly variable results.

Guy

Cases are falling in the UK, but how are people getting mass tested during lockdown? Surely the fewer tested the fewer the number of cases. Unless everyone’s stepping up to the plate and reporting themselves when they get the sniffles.

Vaccination is not mandatory in order to get an APRC, what gave you that idea?

My friend in the Philippines also experienced that. Very frustrating.

You change the source i.e saliva to blood, change where the sample was taken (nose/throat) and/or you change the test brand or even the test technology , it’s not surprising that you are going to introduce a lot more variation unfortunately.

Plus then you’ve got the time between tests which is also a factor.

1 Like

Plus the fact that for PCR testing, the false positive rate is known to be several times higher than the actual positive rate where the background rate is low.