Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

OMG!

Someone help me

I didnā€™t assume anything about peopleā€™s motivations or altruism. Itā€™s irrelevant to the point, as long as theyā€™re wearing masks to reduce potential transmission. You asked what good the 7/11 masks do for you, and I answered.

Incidentally, I also hit some guyā€™s foot with my trolley in Costco several weeks ago (probably not you), because the store was packed and he made the clueless mistake of suddenly stopping when thereā€™s a flow of people pushing trolleys behind him. Thatā€™s one of the risks of being clueless. I also want to push people out of the way when they do stuff like stop at the top of an escalator. :man_shrugging: We can still both wear masks to reduce this particular risk.

O.P.P., how can I explain it? Iā€™ll take it, frame by frame it

1 Like

Iā€™m in trouble then.

My issue is not with mask wearing: It is with sanctimonious mask wearers. Wear a mask because you must. Wear a mask because you donā€™t wanna get sick. All great and honest reasons. But this whole ā€œI wear it not to protect myself, but protect others from myself because I care so much about strangers and my fellow manā€ spielā€¦ Iā€™m just not buying. Care so much about me as a fellow stranger? Ok, tell me when I can come and get that loan from you. Lecturing me as if a child using phrases like ā€œfor the ten millionth timeā€ makes you a sanctimonious mask wearer. Donā€™t be that guy.

2 Likes

Where is the social distance?

1 Like

Start rolling out but it will take another 5-6 months.

There is science behind the recommendation:

1 Like

Youā€™re not getting my point at all. That makes you a sanctimonious mask wearer also. Please teach me more. Iā€™m woefully ill advised about masks it seems.

In my time OPP was other peopleā€™s problems. :grandpa:

1 Like

lolā€¦ :mask: :pig: :pie: :mask:

Donā€™t worry guys! I only have severe tonsillitis!

Severe (acute) upper respiratory tract infection is my actual diagnosis but apparently that includes tonsillitis.

9 Likes

Youā€™re accusing me of saying something I didnā€™t say. Youā€™re a stranger on the Internet - I donā€™t care about you and youā€™re not getting a loan. :slight_smile:

The point I was trying to make is that if everyone wears masks itā€™s beneficial for everyone, including ourselves. We donā€™t need to personally care about others for that to be the case.

The ten-millionth time bit was because of the childish question you asked about how 7/11 masks protect you. Thereā€™s nothing sanctimonious about it. If youā€™re not happy with the response, one year into this thing, you should have phrased your question differently IMO.

3 Likes

Other personā€™s pssy/pnis. Young people did I get it right?

I.e. doctor has a wife, it wasnā€™t the nurse.

Nice big bag of pills? Amoxicillin?

URTI - what most people who go to a doctor saying they have the 'flu turns out to be.

A couple of decades back it was also known as the ā€˜24hr bugā€™, but now it seems to stretch out for a few days.

An Adult does NOT want to be diagnosed as having tonsillitis - its much more severe than having it as a child, where the tonsils are easily removed.

They donā€™t tend to remove them anymore. I had it when I was about 23. Pretty nasty, very high fever to the point of mild delirium.

How can you be sure? Did they test for the Kung Flu?

Impossible. He/she wasnā€™t on an airplane.

Well, you guys seem to forget Auntie Peng is not a native Englishee speaker. And slang evolves through time. I looked it up in urban dictionary, thanks for the tip.

Well, so far they just have said girlfriend on the news. Not partner/beloved or other names. So I donā€™t believe there are other parties involved so far. Publicly, I mean.

I have been doing some interviews at local hospitals for a piece. Poor folk work 18 hours on a good day. If they still have energy to fool around, respectā€¦

3 Likes