Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

And people on this site called it Target Practice 101…

1 Like

Two new local cases. The pilots again… Therefore regrettable that the CDC lowered their quarantine requirements which had been raised following the previous pilot incident

On April 23, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) pointed out that it had received a notification from a Taiwanese airline on April 21 that an Indonesian cargo pilot in his 40s working for the airline had tested positive for COVID-19 in Australia. The cargo pilot was found to have COVID-19 after flying to Australia on April 20 and experiencing an itchy throat in the country. The CECC has started an investigation into the pilot’s history of activity in Taiwan, and has identified individuals who had come into contact with him in Taiwan. Of the contacts identified, two tested positive, and infection with COVID-19 was laboratory-confirmed in the two cases on April 23 (Case #1090 and Case #1091).

2 Likes
2 Likes

Just dumb isn’t it.

3 Likes

Following up on Shui’s and Dr Milker’s posts above: more details on the local transmission and possible cluster, reported via Focus Taiwan.

As we know, the Taipei Mosque on Xinsheng South Road is a key hotspot for possible transmission. Watch out!

Guy

2 Likes

Nah…air crews are special and deserve special consideration to not have to do a full quarantine. It’s not like they travel the world and have contact with thousands of people daily. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

EDIT: Already posted above

The most risky fuckers on the planet get a pass because they’re IMPORTANT.

So that the multi-billion dollar airlines don’t go out of business.

4 Likes

Once having a problem with pilots might be misfortune, twice is careless.

And reducing again the quarantine requirements duly increased for pilots after the first accident as just happened a few days ago just staggers belief.

Furthermore, there is absolutely no shortage of pilots in the world with about 90% of planes grounded. In many countries they are actually retraining, for example as train drivers. So if any of those pilots in Taiwan do not like strict quarantine and leave, fine. Literally thousands will be keen to take their place.

13 Likes

I really don’t get how people can be so crazy about a second pilot local transmission case. Do you people understand how numbers work? Taiwanese authorities have to make decisions based on more than just one variable. Certain people get to have different quarantine requirements for legitimate reasons, like they work on airplanes and move people from country to country. Omg, let’s stop that kind of movement in 2021.

2021, pilots must give up all of their free time to quarantine until the pandemic is finished. They are our slaves. Fly us to places and accept solitary confinement everywhere you go. Flying jail slave plane drivers.

Do you know how dumb you sound? Pilots are people and the Taiwan CDC has run the numbers. Pilots quarantine 3 days. Symptoms can show up in around 7 days. 50% (rounding) risk. They wear masks, 10% (rounding) risk. They go outside to do whatever, wearing masks, like 1% risk. They move around and Taiwan has its creepy cell triangulation thing going on. Risk by the time it gets public is so low. Less than 1%. We’re safe af here.

Ps im drunk so im combative. Sober me won’t say shit. Goodbye.

5 Likes

Now it all makes sense. :grin:

3 Likes

No. I do not understand how numbers work.

No. But that’s because I’m dumb.

Famous last words. Almost as funny as, “I won’t come in your mouth!”

You’re a brilliant conversationalist.

5 Likes

Poor, precious little things. :sob:
Why should they have to behave like everyone else? It’s not like they’re travelling around the world, schlepping this thing into Taiwan.
Awww! Tomorrow is National Hug A Pilot day. Find one who’s just come back from India or the US and give them a kiss in gratitude for their selfless, charitable hard work. :hearts:

9 Likes

Why is it never National Hug A Stewardess Day? :frowning_face:

7 Likes

I’m up for that. Unless it’s Lufthansa or KLM.

4 Likes

Get back to me after a couple drinks.

3 Likes

They’re paid QUITE well for the trouble. And it’s not like people outside TW have had the chance to run around and socialize much anyway.

5 Likes

That is free time. No worries. Food delivered. Free internet.

Which just got real.

5 Likes

New Covid-19 death in Taiwan. A 70 year old Taiwanese died during quarantine. He had a visit with a doctor during quarantine due to lack of appetite but was not given a Covid-19 test.

Also one more worker with the cargo flight tested positive.

3 Likes