Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Yeah, I reckon I’ll give them a call. If I’m just gonna be taking a vaccine that’s gonna end up in the trash anyway, it might as well be stuck in my arm.

Is there a list of hospitals that are offering it?

I see news sites say it’s at eligible hospitals, but no mention of where to find which hospitals are eligible.

1 Like

I would check the websites of major hospitals around you. I’ve seen the vaccine advertised on the main page banner of at least two hospital websites I visited yesterday but none had been updated for the self pay option. CECC says April 19 is when sign ups start.

1 Like

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/Y2HIKpQX8kvNJ4SQhsC0sA

2 Likes

Folks there is a dedicated thread for this topic—coronavirus vaccines in Taiwan—with additional details here:

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/coronavirus-vaccine-in-taiwan/202980/275

Guy

1 Like

They still don’t know if local or imported

1 Like

If local, there will be an stampede for vaccines.

2 Likes

There’s no way those cases are local—the two infected cargo pilots just got back from the US.

Once again contact tracing and other containment measures underway.

Guy

3 Likes

As per the news, several foreigners got vaccinated today. Anyone here?

Eh, wrong thread, sorry.

Sad to see Commonwealth Magazine posting this drivel…

We’re kind of the one country that’s allowed to hate “Chinese”.

When I save up enough monies I’m going to rent the side of 101 and have a big Fuck China message illuminated. Should be a real gas.

10 Likes

Taipei 101 sure makes a great middle finger.

2 Likes

I draw your attention to this detail in that piece:

web only

Commonwealth has posted a bunch of junk in this category over the last year or so. The pieces look more like first-take blogging than the investigative journalism pieces they usually publish.

Guy

1 Like

Unfortunately, where most people do their reading these days.

1 Like

Drivel indeed.
Taiwan can block the virus from Wuhan, China.

2 Likes

Good thing people like her aren’t in charge of our government’s coronavirus response!

1 Like

But of course everyone can still talk about Brazil variant, South Africa variant, British variant, Kent variant, India variant etc etc… :man_shrugging: :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

When you add “variant,” it magically becomes non-racist!

6 Likes

So I guess it’s OK to say Wuhan variant? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You can be the guinea pig.

Dat Wuhan shit? Dats OG.