Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Most Hotel buildings are owned by other landlords who merely rent the building out, in this case to Novotel, or it’s parent, Accor. I would not be overly surprised if the Novotel wants out, or is kicked out, and we see a different name on the building sometime in the future.

Thank you for the links. That’s right, folks: 100,000NTD for opening the door for 8 seconds!!! Filipino migrant worker who must make 30 grand a month only. Come on, CDC! Fine a multi million company at least the the maximum fine for each negligence. Don’t let it be so in your face, you know, 100k 8sec vs 150k for many SOP 差不多, and even mixed quarantine and non quarantine rooms…

:lying_face:

9 Likes

It shows how they really feel about migrant workers versus multimillion dollar corporations

9 Likes

Many times they are hotel management companies, or to make it more complicated you get a hotel brand franchise and then have a management company run the hotel for you.

2 Likes

Why do they not have rapid antigen and antibody teats ?

Today update (CDC Chinese)on:
new cases (5) from various nations:

And hotel issues:

1 Like

Minister Chen just announced a one million NTD fine for China Airlines for being dicks (his words).

No new local cases today.

8 Likes

Is Minister Chen angry about noncompliance? Lack of oversight? Lack of follow through or cooperation with authorities?

Guy

If we come out of this unscathed AGAIN, can we finally agree that the government is competent…(At least in this case) and not just attribute it to only luck?

You’ll still have my agreement that incompetence is the only word to describe the ARC number transition.

3 Likes

As ever he’s as cool as a field of cucumbers in November.

4 Likes

Why are you asking me this? I’ve been toeing the CDC line since last February. I’ve vanquished red dogs and red horses left right and center. :joy:

5 Likes

Sorry. I might have pressed the wrong button. Divided attention at work. lmao.

I’ll always agree they’re competent with tracing contacts. Absolutely.

But changing the quarantine from 3 to a whopping 5 days, despite this incident, isn’t competence.

Now we see why the mixed use is problematic: a 70 person tour group stayed at the Novotel on a problematic floor.

Flight with Taiwanese evacuating from India coming in. More info later.

One new local case, one under investigation, 3 imported.

One pilot, one spouse. 1184 working at Fubon bank in Neihu.

Edit:
TV news showing a busload of Taiwanese that arrived from India on a Japanese flight. 44 souls.

2 Likes

Is this the pilot’s spouse?

Guy

Sorry, I did not get whose spouse.

Put otherwise, is this case still directly connected (via family) to the Novotel cluster—or is it some unknown local case?

Guy

Still under investigation.

But yeah, highly probable.

Some clarity here:

Case No. 1184 was a woman in her 50s who lived in the same household as the pilot.

Source: Taiwan pilot tests positive for COVID after first AstraZeneca vaccination | Taiwan News | 2021/05/08

Guy

3 Likes