Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Has China Airlines made any sort of public apolology? I do a lot of proofreading of their internal communications and there’s been 100% radio silence on this. I’d imagine they’re majorly embarrassed, as they should be. Especially since the last two cases put a rather abrupt end to the “let’s blame this on foreign pilots” strategy.

11 Likes

They had one job to do.

1 Like

It makes me all the more upset to realize I am subsidizing and encouraging their incompetence with my tax money.

Instead of trying to crash their planes they try to crash the country.

2 Likes

CECC implements “Clearing Plan” for China Airlines and adjusts home quarantine measures for CAL flight crews

5 days of quarantine is better than 3, though only home quarantine. Not sure what 9 additional days of “enhanced self-health management” really implies

To be fair (I am not saying pilots actions are good) CI/China Airline had 2 billion dollar profit in 2020 , so no taxpayer money spent there (not sure if Gov got profits or shareholders). Very few airlines had a profit in 2020, maybe EVA air and Korean and that about it. Cargo focus helps China Airlines eke out profit in 2020 | News | Flight Global

A guy in his 30s here in Taiwan just died while in quarantine. He came back from China.

The pilot who went out with the air hostess has a girlfriend working for China Trust. His trist was discovered and made known to his girlfriend through contact tracing.

Should have known better.

3 Likes

5 days …

And so lessons haven’t been learned. Keep them in the cocking airport until their next flight. Its not hard.

4 Likes

One detail that caught my attention was the vaccination rate of their workers. Remember that they were all tested as the cluster became obvious—and the authorities made it clear that vaccines would be available at that same venue to speed things up and provide one-stop medical care. I remember reading that only something like 27% of them elected to get vaccinated.

Guy

2 Likes

Novotel fines for “mixed accomodations” and not following quarantine procedures.

The guy seems to have died by his own hand. Poor fellow. Tests so far show negative for COVID.

Different from the guy in his 80s who was found dead…and had COVID. That was a while ago. Death 12.

1 Like

How does Taiwan determine the fee structure for these infractions? This is the same fee for a hotel company, as they have the flight attendant for breaking home quarantine.

Whoa 150,000 dollars

That’s sure taught that multi-million dollar, global hotel chain a lesson. They won’t cut corners and risk causing an outbreak again, not with that fine hanging over their heads.

12 Likes

Getting fined publicly makes them look bad.

I don’t think any company in Taiwan wants to be in this position right now.

Guy

4 Likes

Offer a few discount rooms and all will be forgotten

4 Likes

150,000 NTD… 無話可說

how much was it again for the guy who opened his door for 8 seconds?

8 Likes

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/07/asia/taiwan-quarantine-fine-scli-intl/index.html

4 Likes

There will be more coming:
https://udn.com/news/story/120940/5439318?from=udn_ch2_menu_v2_main_index
https://www.chinatimes.com/realtimenews/20210506006647-260405?ctrack=pc_main_headl_p01&chdtv

If it’s not clear, Novotel at TPE is owned by China Airlines.

2 Likes

This is a welcome change to counter doctors’ hesitancy to send people for testing – doctors at small clinics will get NT$10,000 per case if they refer patients to SARS-Cov-2 test, and the results come back positive.

3 Likes

But peek your head outside the door of the hotel and the full force of the law will come down .
Whoops @owleyes already said that

3 Likes