Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

I guess the silver lining is most of them seem to be able to be tracked to existing chains. Trying to be positive…

6 Likes

Not much comfort when that chain will just grow until everyone catches Covid.

I know wrong thread but I saw the red tape related to anything covid today. We took my mom to get the test before her flight on Sunday. Absolute madhouse. And they had things set up in the emergency area. Why? The whole thing took us two hours. For a 2 minute procedure that is being done again and again (not a new thing for each patient). Not looking forward to this aspect of getting vaccinated next week.

1 Like

Hey man, I’m scared too, but you need to chill a bit.

3 Likes

Sounds like there will be a crack down on gambling and prostitution in the coming months.

2 Likes

Are you guys watching this? See the app? :joy:

Two cases in Changhua (from the Wanhua cluster), so some religious activities, and all night markets in Changhua County are being shut down.

1 Like

~10% test positive rate in Wanhua so far in the last two days… Note that they only tested ~155 folks with symptoms so far, but that number is still too high for me. Hopefully the ones that are positive actually visited the 茶藝館 - it would be messed up if random residents nearby have been infected, as it would be indicative of a widespread infection.

1 Like

Am I understanding correctly that there are cases in Kaohsiung, Keelung, Changhua, Yilan, and New Taipei?
Either way, this has gotta be the CECC’s biggest test yet. They have done a damn fine job so far, but I can’t think of any other cluster where we had this much community spread. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Looks like the current panic is having some effect…

Most cases in the north part

source:

2 Likes

How about religious activities? :thinking: There seems to be a weird connection there?

Good news is, no vaccines will expire since they will be put to good use due to high demand.

Other good news is, we are catching the positives and testing high risk areas. Rapid test sites are up in Wanhua, more great news.

Plus everyone has heightened their awareness and will be extra extra careful.

Maybe the numbers will surge a few more days till we can catch all the loose ends, then everything will calm down again. Give it a week or 2, I don’t think will go into a lockdown, we can just keep following strict rules on masks and hand washing and of course common sense stuff like avoiding huge crowds and leaving extra space between yourself and others.

I’m not worried.

12 Likes

We’ll be saying this about their China policy one day.

Given who she is, that’s a half decent excuse. But she should have taken it and let the next prospective DPP candidate revel in patriotism.

1 Like

In other news, my apartment community has reacted very fast and closed down the pool, gym and other community areas effective immediately, making sure that people don’t get to exercise anymore :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Grab the low hanging fruit :apple:

I don’t understand the religious angle though - just isolate them and let them keep doing what they want. If they believe their god protects, why worry

跨縣市進香 (visiting temples across county/city lines) is being suspended in Changhua County.

3 Likes

We had a few leaks last year and it did not spread. I wonder if it could be a new strain of virus that is making the difference this time around?

2 Likes