Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

We’re not (yet) locked down.

But thank you for the suggestion.

Guy

It’s symptomatic of the general sense of overconfidence that the government has had in its ability to keep the virus out.

What the government should have done is wait until the populace is fully vaccinated before letting non-residents and non-citizens in. That’s something that could have been achieved by now if they had imported 40 million vaccine doses early on and launched a mass vaccination campaign.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why people are grabbing instant noodles. What a waste of room. I grabbed 5 jars of peanut butter that no one seems interested in. Each jar will last like two weeks in a lockdown situation and they’re highly nutritious with mono fats. They’re a great starvation food and no cooking or refrigeration needed. You can also eat with your hands if water stops. Btw I feel bad for middle of Taiwan where there’s a water shortage. 50/50 I end up with covid anyway since my office neighbor has been coughing non stop for a week.

So I’m confused - I’m guessing that the virus hasn’t agreed to not transmit inside offices, but will regular offices etc. stay open or not?

It seems like you’d want to massively cut down on the number of MRT users, at least.

1 Like

So you want to break already successful policies while ignoring ones that need improvement?

Stock up on Vit D and Ivermectin
Despite WHO advice, Uttarakhand and Goa turn to Ivermectin in fight against COVID-19 - The Week

1 Like

#1stworldproblems

2 Likes

No, I want more caution. The policy was/is too risky. All it takes is one false negative and the entire country is overrun by Covid. This current situation was caused by a different lapse in caution. There should be no room for such lapses until the population is vaxed.

You’re right, there’s a lot of data on those two items available online. It seems promising, ivermectin specifically

1 Like

are malls going to stay open? I’m planning to go to a nearby GNC for some vitamins

Am I correct in thinking that up until now they’ve been putting all the confirmed patients in negative-pressure isolation rooms at hospitals until they recover?

Anyone know what they’re intending to do now? I’m guessing they don’t have that many negative-pressure isolation rooms?

1 Like

Probably not the best time for non-essential trips to crowded places? Maybe just buy some at a pharmacy?

1 Like

Ivermectin: You were able to order it from India in the past but I think they have restricted it recently for internal use. It is only used once you have symptoms, not before (unlike Vit D which I have taken daily in high doses since Jan 2020)

1 Like

This just just might be a tad over the top…the current situation is not even serious yet, just something the country need to deal with.

Rule one: stop panicking, stop pointing finger.

7 Likes

Yes. This.

Guy

Uber eats all the way for me.

2 Likes

contactless is the way to go.

According to the linked article, there are 1100 such rooms available in Taiwan. A far better ratio than Japan for instance. Prior to today, there were apparently 171 active cases, so plenty of beds at present.

1 Like

My UberEats is currently delayed an hour. I’m foreseeing a few hiccups at the onset.

Thanks for that. At this rate it won’t take long for those 1100 rooms to fill up…

Does anyone know how these 180 cases were found? Is it just the tested contacts of existing cases, or have they been doing some random testing?

2 Likes