Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

2 Likes

2 deaths recorded - 60’s Female and 80’s Male.

Female reported symptoms on May 10, went for treatment on May 14, diagnosed covid on May 16, dead on May 17. …scary stuff.

Male 86 y.o. had multiple chronic diseases prior to covid.

1 Like

Well, aside from AZ being an adenovirus vaccine and Moderna being mRNA.

Funky Cold Moderna

3 Likes

Sigh of resignation. She doesn’t want to trash talk her colleagues, but she’s an independent thinker and knows the side effects of AZ is overblown, especially compared to the dangers of COVID.

3 Likes

Lol I am just saying I am more of a Moderna man myself, seeing that (supposedly) reported efficacy is higher than AZ. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Either one is fine with me. I’m surprised people here are more scared of the very traditional AZ vaccine than the fancy, new ones with the mRNA technology.

3 Likes

Honestly, I’ll take anything (non-Sino) if it means I can get on a plane and travel again.

9 Likes

I’ll go for both. Got 1 AZ shot going on 12 days.
Company said I could fly to HK and get Pfizer if I needed to. Apparently they have a surplus too since nobody there wants it.

2 Likes

AZ/DC

2 Likes

So what’s likely to happen if one has a shot of each, say AZ and Moderna? What’s it going to do for admission to countries, will that be OK with a dose of each?

1 Like

Hmmm now that’s an idea. I wonder how to get through the hoops.

1 Like

21 days in the Hotel Quarantine for all HK arrivals isnt it?

2 Likes

They’re doing studies on the mixing of vaccines right now. Doubt you’ll see decisions about this before the science is clear and doubt doctors would recommend mixing them until more is known about the benefits versus risks.

Also, Israel is actually testing for antibodies to make sure people have actually been vaxxed.

I wonder how this might affect things. Apparently the antibody tests are different for vaccines vs real infection. So I wonder if you’d need different tests for different vaccines?

1 Like

Not for non-residents, but maybe you are a HK resident

1 Like

Seriously, they didn’t get shots already?

3 Likes

A lot of them are afraid of needles apparently

5 Likes

First time responding in this thread.

Nurses and some docs are not better when come to fear created by media.

I worked in a hospital, not a doc not a nurse, but from what I know about in our hospital, there are few want AZ before this week.

Our hospital even start allowing workers’ relatives who live with them to book for vaccination. Still, no line-up before this week.

And last friday, suddenly, it’s like new iPhone in the store, 2-hour waiting line from workers and their family.

Now they have to cancel all bookings and only allow vaccination for front line medical persons again.

Edited:
Moral of this story, when there is a choice, even not available yet, people tend to wait. Especially when there are loads of negative info on the current available choices.

Fact or not, negative info will affect people’s choice.

Edited 2:
I actually had the choice to take AZ, but I have opt to join the current UBI vaccine clinical trial in this February so I have to give up. Now since I am not a front line medical professional, I won’t be able to book for AZ vaccination, unless they are sure again there are enough.

12 Likes

Does anyone know if there have there been any cases at Taipei Veterans General Hospital? My mother in law stupidly went to her appointment there today.