Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

My school is forcing us to come into work despite many people having to use public transpo and living in danger zones. All of our students are at home, so we are teaching online from the school. We have immuno-compromised teachers here, and the school told us that we would have to take personal time off if we don’t want to work. Does anyone know if there is a number or place that I can call to report, or just someone that gives a shit about foreign teachers? I work at a private high school in Xinbeitou.

2 Likes

Teachers work from school, though school can allow them to work from home, is what MOE said. iiuc.

If there are problems like not enough social space etc. at work place, you can report.

Government encourages companies to let workers work from home, but it is voluntary. :bowing_man:

1 Like

They have been having meetings with large gatherings in the auditorium with the Taiwanese staff and there are more than five people in our office. We have been going to other classrooms, but there are a lot of people that work at this school.

no more than five people in a place is not applied to work place, iiuc.

Thanks for letting me know. I did not know that.

After pandemic Wanhua will be a popular tourist destination for retirees worldwide!
:tea: :dancer:

5 Likes

Wanhua is under the microscope, I got a call from the local health department asking if I had been to Wanhua recently, first time I ever got a call like that. I imagine if I had I would be hauled in for testing.

My guess is 898±57

1 Like

At least they won’t need to worry about the underage worker issues that can plague this industry in other countries. Might need to keep an eye out for hip problems though.

2 Likes

If a month of Corona gets us more tourism than ever. Let’s DO IT!

Hmph, why do you think it’s ok to give a range?! That’s cheating! :face_with_monocle:

Judging by what happened yesterday, I’m going to be way off even with that range :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t think so @hansioux I looked at the HK data, they had a break out 3 times and each time got it back to single digits.

The middle one was about 100 detections a day for about a month, which suggests to me there were probably about 300 to 400 wild infections and they were catching just enough not to see the infections soar, in a state of equilibrium until they finally got on top of it.

I suspect that is where we are, expect similar numbers to yesterday or the day before. Going down would be a good sign too, but dealing with multiple outbreaks in multiple locations is a concern. Shutting down schools and limiting gatherings is good, people are aware it’s in the wild so should be more cautious.

5 Likes

Do you have any idea why they might have called you? Cellphone tracking put you nearby, or a reputation for liking tea?

I think there’s a risk here of too much focus on Wanhua, like seeing that as the dangerous place and neglecting other clusters that might crop up elsewhere. It seems pretty risky.

I think they just were calling everyone, It’s a good sign of being proactive. I haven’t been to WanHua in years, the guy didn’t speak a word of English so I doubt it was targeting foreigners.

Also having people sign in at buildings or 7/11 will help with contact tracing.

1 Like

I guess 125.

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but HK has a dramatically higher testing capacity?

That seems to be what made it possible to bring things under control, in fact.

My question is if the WHO hasn’t done any study into whether COVID is airborne or not, why spend so much effort telling everyone it isn’t airborne as if it’s the fact?

It wasn’t just Professor Linsey Marr who noticed COVID is obviously airborne, anyone who paid any attention to how COVID was spreading in China, Hong Kong, Singapore and the Diamond Princess would realize this thing was able to spread through centralized AC. That was enough of a clue to be cautious about claiming COVID isn’t airborne.

The WHO “scientists” said they need more evidence to call COVID an airborne virus, but shouldn’t they use the same amount of caution before claiming that it isn’t?

Yet the WHO doubled down early one, and the rest of the world’s governments blindly followed.

2 Likes

Because it’s the bloody WHO. Run not by doctors, but by politicians.

They only care about themselves. Selfish fucks.

9 Likes