Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

idk… maybe log off the Internet for a few weeks and only let your wife tell you if there’s really really really bad news you need to know, because when 1000+ cases occur in a day, you might turn into a zombie

6 Likes

Heavy burn from Quartz :fire:

6 Likes

@DaveS You have at least 6 months to look for a new job, but you must ask an extension at NIA. They may give even more time in these difficult times.

As what pertains to your NHI, you can pay voluntarily regardless of your work status.

1 Like

若民眾看見未戴口罩者,請直接通知警方。

Calling police is what NTC Mayer requested to people.

勸導後戴上口罩仍依傳染病防治法開罰3千元

Eveh if you wear mask soon after persuasion, you will still be fined.

1 Like

again

5 Likes

It’s pointless for people on the move. But it makes sense to do this for people at the same spot engaging in the same behavior by the time police arrive. For example a group of old people playing a board game or staff at a bubble tea shop not wearing masks.

This is not the time to be cool and strangers are not your friends. In most cases it is safer to call the police than to confront people directly.

1 Like

I agree. And people not wearing masks and following protocol under present circumstances? Fuck them. Give them a hefty fine.

If someone is close enough to persuade you, you are no longer alone, so I don’t have a problem with fining people who refuse to wear a mask during this crucial time for getting the Geenie back into the bottle.

I also think allowing vaccinated people go maskless is premature, as there are still questions as to whether vaccinated people can still get and spread the virus or not.

Wear the stupid mask. Everyone the same.

6 Likes

Put otherwise: we are all in this together.

Let’s get through this!

Guy

2 Likes

Lets put it this way, with the heat outside and the need to wear a mask when going out, the decision is easy for me, stay in unless its necessary to go out.

1 Like

Bloke hops on mrt, immediately starts coughing up a lung.

FFS… i headed further down the carriage. Have a cough. Stay the hell home

5 Likes

I guess he didn’t quite get the “cough etiquette” part of Minister Chen’s daily message.

Guy

My guess today: 528! Yours?

I heard there’s a huge cluster in Changhua. Not good.

I went high yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to be wrong. My GUESS for today: 491.

I’ll guess 448

My guess: 1392

The thing is that grape lady went to a wedding…of 1300 people! So far, the folks on her table got the bug.

Now what kind of irresponsible idjit has such a huge wedding in these convulsed times?!

They had huge crowds trying to get tested when the news came out. But there was only one technician - they invaded the emergency unit at night. The natives became restless and it became a melee.

To make the long story short, now they set up a proper testing station with several doctors, the works.

There is also a Wanhua case that also went on quite a trip down South…sigh…

4 Likes

It’s not worth losing sleep over this.

5 Likes

My rant about covid policies :rant:

1 Like