Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

“Thank God…”

1 Like

267 cases

Closest guess was:

Not a bad number I would imagine. Much less than what I was expecting

1 Like

So they are still focusing on explaining a good amount of details on all imported cases such as country, age, occupation, negative test, etc…

Are they going to do this for all 270+ domestic cases?

If not, what is the point of emphasizing imported case details at this point? I’d think local* is much more of a concern now…

4 Likes

All country in level 3.

1 Like

It’s been delegated to local authorities.

1 Like

Looking at the CDC cumulative numbers, 253,155-244409=8746 tests were conducted yesterday. So with today’s 275 positive cases, the TPR is more or less unchanged at 3.1%.

It’s a good sign that the TPR is not too exploding like crazy, but we would still need to wait till early next week before we can start measuring the more relevant 7-day moving average statistic. Hope that we can ramp up testing as well by then - we should be testing an order of magnitude higher than our current capacity.

1 Like

The color of the Barbie is from October 30th to May 18th and the constellation line is the atmosphere. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Fuck me, we really have gone nowhere with machine translation, in what seems a long time.

2 Likes

Which honestly confounds me…I wonder what the barriers have been/are still

2 Likes

By the numbers, I do believe we can go back to level 2 without lockdown. I was expecting the numbers skyrocket if we consider how crowded is Taipei.

And as one who translates for a living, I can’t be more pleased.

5 Likes

If the original is available in correct 中文 (eg. it is not a speech recognition issue), then some translators can give quite ok results. I prefer DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator which seems way better than for example Google translate.

1 Like

Please. this is not how any of this works :frowning: We need to wait a week so that (1) testing can ramp up and (2) people who were infected last/this week become symptomatic and show up at the testing centers.

I’m worried that the numbers will relax a decent percentage of the population who will do dumb shit and further spread the virus

5 Likes

The sometimes controversial color of Barbie aside, that’s not bad all things considered. Maybe it didn’t spread so far into the community and mostly those quarantined (or working) together will get it from each other.

Like yesterday, better than 1,000…

1 Like

I’m not saying it will happen tomorrow, did I say? Chill!

3 Likes

He didn’t answer directly about vaccinating those with the first shot already with this next batch of AZ. Just that they will vaccinate those in high risk environments first.

1 Like

They are at the limited in terms of how many tests they can do per day.

Total PCR testing capacity in Taiwan was only 13,726 as of the end of February, and was only very slowly being built up. (See link below)

I remember on Saturday they did 8000 tests. And had been 3-10% positivity rates. Not sure about recent days.

1 Like

I was expecting the numbers skyrocket if we consider how crowded is Taipei.

This is kind of impossible with the current testing numbers. I think we can reach 800/day at most unless we dramatically increase testing.

The CDC not talking about the testing numbers in the press conference might give a false hope to the population. I am sure >80% of people only look at raw numbers and don’t think about the TPR. Some of my smart colleagues are also talking about how the numbers have plateaued already.

4 Likes

Updated trends based on today’s numbers

Forecast to the 21st.

Forecast to the 31st

It certainly is flattening.

6 Likes