Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

United Daily news.

Several papers have special sections just for COVID situation.

This is the New Taipei City LINE account.

I got the ones for Kaohsiung, Taichung, Tainan and Taipei City just to keep on the ball.

3 Likes

You can get the official counts here (turn “Show cases” on). You can click into the map and see count for each district/town:

https://nidss.cdc.gov.tw/en/nndss/DiseaseMap?id=19CoV

8 Likes

Taiwan companies make all these equipment literally almost everything that is used to perform a PCR test…And it’s no problem to import from overseas in general.
The problem is and always has been government policy I assume.

3 Likes

Thank you. Yes, this is nice, but unfortunately does not show the data by district which for Taipei / New Taipei City is important since there are some absolute disaster no-go districts at the epicenter of the outbreak and others which are not doing so bad comparatively. So then I need to look at the LINE accounts of Taipei / New Taipei City and the press for this district view

1 Like

It does. You just have to click into Taipei and New Taipei to zoom in to the map that shows the districts. BTW, the numbers are smaller than the list that Icon posted, probably because the CDC staff does not work on weekends.

3 Likes

Level 4 in Taipei area could shut this thing down .
It’s obvious some districts there are riddled with it. Anything else won’t cut it I think.

Besides we are already most of the way to level 4!

1 Like

Baby steps.

You are a star!! Thank you.

2 Likes

I might buy some EWT puts to hedge in case things really get bad. (not a crazy bet really… not financial advice btw).

I went to the ‘Seven’ last night for the first time in about a week. I have to say, the new QR code scan/SMS, what would I call it, workflow I suppose, was my first ever pleasurable Taiwan technology experience. It was easy and fast. Presuming Minister Tang was responsible? If so can we give her a few more portfolios.

9 Likes

It was indeed Minister Tang’s doing! I’m really happy with it as well. Other countries have similar systems, but I don’t think any of them have as smooth and easy of a system as Taiwan does at the moment.

7 Likes

Yes, she talks about it here.

Edit: I think she came up with the SMS process after the app was already developed by another office.

Got to agree with that. I was pleasantly surprised too. Maybe she can deal with the banks, vaccination rollout, the entirety of the Taiwanese internet, what else?

9 Likes

I think what is great about it as a solution, is that it recognises that sometimes you don’t need to write software. Sometimes you already have the tools you need at your disposal.

4 Likes

I like to think she’s on it, but maybe a bit pre-occupied with the current outbreak situation.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Working From Home in Taiwan - May, June 2021

Look at Osaka now! I can see a lot of similarities with what is happening in Taipei.

This is fantastic: 31 confirmed COVID cases missing in Taipei | Taiwan News | 2021-05-24 10:43:00

4 Likes

You’ve got to be shitting me!

They didn’t require a copy of their ID card or at least their health card? That should be SOP to take either or both and swipe them into a computer system at the time of testing.

Instead they relied on self-filled out paper forms? How fucking third world can we get?

WTF?!

8 Likes

Thank you.