Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Nah. All a bit crap except for that eclipse last night.

3 Likes

We should just outlaw allowing to have exclusive distribution rights for practically anything in the first placeā€¦but then strange laws in Greater China (mainland China and Taiwan) such as having ā€œpartnershipsā€ forbid it.

Yes, thatā€™s what an AIT director and other diplomats should do. They should love the country where they are serving (and I think most of the time they genuinely do). The ā€œdigsā€ (again which I agree with) are from the above post which I quoted.

Maybe the article was poorly written. Maybe the AIT directorā€™s comments were poorly reported on. But I really went away after reading it with a feeling that the AIT director was a bit cold toward Taiwan.

1 Like

7: What do you mean registered the vaccine here? They havenā€™t taken the steps to sell it here?

The rest just seems like business as usual. Iā€™m sure FOSUN will or wonā€™t sell it as the govā€™t decrees, but thereā€™s no blame for Germany or Biontech. Why is the focus on them anyway? There are other companies to deal with.

CSZ is explaining what went down with the FOSUN Biontech deal in the presser now. Stop shooting blanks here and listenā€¦

The point Iā€™m making is that some of the ā€œpreventionā€ measures are just theatrical, like taking screening for peopleā€™s temperature on a hot day.

Taiwan will not beat the virus untill Level 4 lockdown is in place in places like Taipei, New Taipei.
Banqiao traditional market was PACKED with people on Tuesday afternoon. This place should be closed down, this is the place where covid jumps from one person to anotherā€¦ Why government cannot see that??

12 Likes

It looks like exclusivity is/was key here.

Votes!

Yes, they havent been through the process of testing and registering in Taiwan. Which they cant, as they are a Chinese company. Basically they intentionally bought the rights to fuck over Taiwan

Biontech could not have sold Taiwan distribution to a Chinese company, so there is a little blame in there

By criticizing starting to wear masks. Ok, got it. Now I know how much to respect your opinion.

1 Like

They can. This is why there are things like regional hq.

A lot of infections start with the eyes, and I figure even if it doesnā€™t help that much it doesnā€™t hurt either. Besides it has the added bonus of keeping sweat and dust out of my eyes.

1 Like

Did I ever criticize wearing masks? Read between the lines.

Hence, thereā€™s politics involved, and itā€™s not free trade.

Money is money, thatā€™s what they do. Taiwan didnā€™t buy distribution rights, so they sold it to someone else.
Do we know they didnā€™t sell ā€œGreater Chinaā€ rights as part of the deal to distribute in China, if they are doing so? ā€œGreater Chinaā€ could have been a stipulation of the deal. Business is politics in China, so thatā€™s par for the course.
And has Taiwan requested that FOSUN register to distribute here, or are they refusing to do so?

1 Like

28 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May 2021

Iā€™ve seen other people take the total number of notifications minus ( excluded + confirmed), so thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing. And itā€™s coming out to be the number reported by others, including Bloomberg.

Itā€™s Chinese politics. The company does what makes money. They donā€™t care where they get it from. They just want to keep the stock holders happy.

Thereā€™s reason to believe that what Taiwan will experience will be like what other countries have experienced with COVID

The cat is out of the bag so to speak

The germ is beginning its
Onslaught and it wonā€™t get better until
It gets worse most likely

But that doesnā€™t mean there should be panic
This virus is survivable for the vast majority

Most without serious issues

2 Likes