Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Our office has hinted that we will work from home till we are back in level 2, so what are the current requirements for us to move back into level 2?

1 Like

I would not count of this happening any time soon.

I would love to be proven wrong though!

Guy

4 Likes

I really like working from home so itā€™s no issue

1 Like

At this stage, a surprise shipment of vaccines

1 Like

I moved some vaccine-related discussion here: Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - May 2021

6 Likes

A Miracle.

Wait until the US needs more microchips and TSMC is shut down!

3 Likes

Good for you, not everyone has the luxury making money this way.

1 Like

On Reddit, all the American idiots care about is how much this affects their precious TSMC chips.

Tim Apple calls Bidenā€¦meanwhileā€¦

Tim Cook: Where are my chips?
Biden: I dunno. Someone ate your lunch?
Tim: Nonoā€¦
Biden: itā€™s okay. Iā€™ll place an order on Uber Eats on my iPhone!
Tim: you donā€™t understand! My chips are stuck in Taiwan because of COVID!

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m sure the US has taken that in to consideration. Other countries also have strategic manufacturing interests, for instance India which manufactures critical medications and holds the keys to the Covax program.

Even if the US donated to Taiwan the chips would be in jeopardy since the workers for the chip
Industry are in the lowest priority group and wouldnā€™t see a single dose of the donated vaccines anyway.

3 Likes

Says you.

1 Like

Can you see Taiwan a giving vaccines to SEA workers before Taiwanese? I canā€™t.

1 Like

I still think the case number will go down in a few days/weeks, but Iā€™m not sure about going back to level 2. Once we go back to level 2 it will get worse again.

2 Likes

Check the priority groups that the government announcedā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t think that many SEA workers work at TSMC

If it really is urgent they always can change that, they do with everything anyways.

They could but it seems like itā€™s nowhere on their agenda.

1 Like

Now if only we could limit people to go to each others houses to take shower and eat dinner together. Be like Australia. No visitor allowed except intimate partner.

They donā€™t seem to have promoted the bubble concept yet.

1 Like