Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

I don’t think we need a Chinese company to embarrass the DDP. It’s the DDP that has been embarrassing themselves.

Yeah, and they have to be tested here as well and authorised here.

1 Like

If it prompts them to get vaccinated, who cares? I’ll take them being too afraid of it over not afraid enough.

1 Like

sad but true

I’ve read that it’s a very good vaccine. Given the opportunity, I’d take it.

You can eat more of the BBQ in your avatar. That’s the one with the big chests full of seafood and the Barbie with a beef dress, right. I love that place.

1 Like

The sick people go through them. They have to deal with the potential patients. If they get sick, we are all in trouble. If they are protected, then we have a firewall. They won’t infect their families not other colleagues.

And for the last time, no, you are not getting the BNT vaccines right now. They cannot have them here by next week. But look, we have both Moderna and AZ right now, here, safely. How amazing.

In that respect it hasn’t worked to date.

1 Like

It’s not about that, FOSUN does not have a channel to sell in Taiwan legally, nor it has applied for authorization. It was given the rights to a territory outside it’s reach.

Again this was known in advance and people who signed a contract that was excluding 23 millions people should take the blame.

:yawning_face:

4 Likes

Why would Fosun be any worried about problems with Taiwan’s vaccines if the Taiwan government has no way to supervise, punish or any way control any part of the process?

Again, I refer all to the evacuation flights.

BNT is worried about Chinese market. Taiwan is nothing compared to that. Would there be any repercussions internationally to any problems here? Will they even know outside of Taiwan?

1 Like

There would be a major international scandal for all involved, humongous, costing billions and billions of dollars. The risk to reward would make no sense at all. Sheesh!

4 Likes

Their age group hasn’t had the chance yet.

You should ask them “if you think COVID has a 20% chance of killing you, what do you think are the chances a vaccine will kill you?”

Even if their answers are misinformed it’ll probably be lower than 20%. And then let them draw the logical conclusion of costs-benefits analysis.

Thats just not true. The vaccines dont just get off the plane and then the courier from Lalamove takes them to the hospital

Sputnik is as good as J&J and better than AZ.
Take Sputnik over AZ, but R.O.C. won’t let it in.
I remember in the grand ole days after 911 earthquake, that R.O.C. let a Russia plane land in Taichung to deliver supplies for relief in hills of Taichung/Nantou. First time a Russia plane ever landed on Taiwan’s soil.

2 Likes

Russia is not a country that operates with transparency.

I think it’s reasonable that I expect the vaccines I put into my body come from places with transparency.

3 Likes

I bought things on Alibaba numerous times, and while the initial quality seemed great, pretty much 80% of the products failed or stopped working.

I don’t see the vaccines breaking this trend. I would not take my chance with Chinese vaccines, or vaccines dealt within China and shipped out later.

China can make many things fake, and I’ll NEVER be surprised with their motives.
That’s just me. Of course people can choose to get vaccinated with them if they desire to do so, though I highly suggest that they don’t.

4 Likes

A vaccine is not a 200 USD Chanel bag.

1 Like

You have a point, but again I can’t change my view about how so many manufacturers in China taking shortcuts.

1 Like

They won’t do it overtly. They will use grey area tactics, as always. They will make it addressed to Taiwan province of PRC with PRC flags all over the boxes and then when the ROC refuses to take them in, they will say “oh but we were giving you the vaccines, now they are all spoiled because you didn’t keep them cold enough”. Or some other nonsense, the point is they won’t let it go through without a hitch. How many times do they have to prove that they prefer to embarrass Taiwan rather than look like the saviors?

3 Likes