Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

If countries can barely get Moderna, what makes you think ordering more would have prevented this situation?

We’re getting dripfed.

Would you take Sputnik?

You just said as if it was so easy Taiwan can just simply order more.

I think people are saying they didnt want to ‘pay’ enough or ‘risk’ enough. Its not about work

yes

1 Like

Ok. Please go get a sputnik vaccine then.

I get it now. Early morning brain fog.

1 Like

In Soviet Russia, Sputnik take YOU!!!

3 Likes

Isn’t Sputnik meant to be a good, effective vaccine even though it did skip some important steps and didn’t fully test it as much as other Vaxs.

Don’t think I’ve seen much on major negative side effects or lack off efficiency.

2 Likes

We need places for leisure and exercise.
We need to be smart about it and not turn living into pure misery.

As they said earlier lock the clubhouse, keep people separated. Not as much fun but it’s an option.

There’s so few places to go people end up congregating in those places that are open like on the edge of Yangmingshan.

I can’t stand Russia, but I’ve actually heard it’s safe and effective… so yes, I would.

2 Likes

Please advise where in Taiwan people can get it?

4 Likes

Go to serbia. I don’t trust Russian vaccines.

Im not working for the Taiwan government. I dont think you understand how severe the problem is. Taiwan has high population density and high number of people living in extended families. We still have so many people working from offices and having family gatherings. There is a real risk of terrible outbreak and collapse of medical system. And for whatever reason, people are complaining about old people not wearing masks in the park.

There are only two interventions that can stop a severe spread of the virus in Taiwan and bring the economy back to normal. Those are a hard lockdown or 70% of the population getting vaccinated. The government clearly does not wantto do a hard lockdown.

Taiwan doesnt have enough vaccines or even a schedule to get even half the population vaccinated this year. We also dont have a welfare state to support businesses and the unemployed at this time.

If we carry on this way, without an immediate plan for vaccination, Taiwan is looking at a very tough year. Tough to the point that you could have massive social upheaval. Tough to the point where that upheaval could become a national security risk in terms of China taking advantage of the situation.

Taiwan needs vaccines now, whether its Sputnik, BNT, AZ or whatever. The China bullshit is an excuse the DPP is using because they have completely fucked up the procurement. If they need to sign the contract as ROC or whatever, it doesnt matter, just get the vaccines, because the alternative is potentially devastating.

8 Likes

I’m on a break between online classes. Asked the students what they considered their risk of death from Covid was. 20 percent was the average.

It’s bonkers how effective the fear campaign has been.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand the potential consequences of receiving a vaccine from hostile and enemy territory respectfully. Especially when both are not transparent and the one, fosun, has been caught FAKING vaccines. Your whole post is unbelievably short sighted.

Well there’s a practical solution. But I don’t think anyone is forcing you to take a Russian vaccine? In which case, your trust in them is of limited relevance.

1 Like

I’m asking him to put his money where his mouth is.

Listen, we wont buy the BNT vaccine for reasons discussed umpteen times.

But just take a step back and dissect your wild logic. If Taiwan bought the BNT vaccines from China, they would be the ones from Germany.

They would not be fake vaccines. Why would they be fake vaccines? The advantage of a Chinese company selling to Taiwan, is that it would completely embarrass the DPP and make people fonder of China.

If they were to give fake vaccines (which would go through two weeks of rigorous testing here), then it would only help the DPP and make Taiwanese people, no matter whether blue or green, absolutely hate China forever.

Can people just compose themselves a bit and think logically please

5 Likes

Source?

Can’t help but admire your impressive persistence with this. :wall: :wall: :wall:

3 Likes

All of the above plus BNT isn’t going to let a distributor ruin their reputation as a safe pharmaceutical maker. The fear of BNT from Fosun is way over blown on this thread. It’s in both BNT and Fosuns interests to sell the real product so they can sell more to other in the future.

2 Likes