Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Social distancing in Taipei :rofl:

People are so used to being in close proximity to each other they just canā€™t do it!

PX Mart seems to be the worse place to go in Taipei- totally avoid now - crowded around entrance signing in or trying to be first to QR.
Social distancing using your own initiative not happening.

Mask on chin smokers still winding me up - I canā€™t drink from bottle of water in street but the smug c#### can smoke!!!

4 Likes

You can still drink your bottle of water.

Iā€™ve been told you canā€™t?

Not allowed to drink coffee using outside tables at coffee shops whatā€™s the difference.

Also drink vending machines in Dajia park have been switched of so you canā€™t get a drink in the park on a roasting humid day.

Because I have to remove mask to drink?

Thatā€™s my thinking.

Like many of you, I pray daily for a Level 4 lockdown though Iā€™m actually hoping they come up with a Level 5 or 6. I mean, I know that the MRT is empty and the roads are 20% of usual traffic but I read on the internet that NOBODY is working from home and the economy MUST be closed if we have any hope of receiving $2,000 vouchers in the coming year.

There is no reason for people to be outside at the beach or playing golf or visiting a park. They should either be at the supermarket in line with tens of other people or home, watching TV and giving grandpa a break from watching the kids the entire day so he can go outside to hang out with the other old people in the neighborhood.

All of this ā€œI canā€™t even drink waterā€ is rubbish. If you want to remove your mask outside, #believescience and walk around smoking the entire time.

I do appreciate that many of you remind us on a daily basis that vaccines donā€™t actually exist #fakenews and, at the same time, the AZ vaccines that we had werenā€™t safe because six women had blood clots a few weeks after receiving the vaccinations and all we need to do to be fully vaccinated is open our doors and hearts to China who, yesterday, wanted to kill us all but now want to help us get back on our feet so we will have a fully functioning society when they return toā€¦threatening to invade each day.

Now, whereā€™s that thread where we drop bets on how many people will be positive today because I want to parlay 1,200+ people with 12+ deaths and a prop bet on somebody under 40 actually dying then we can have that to chat about for the next 22 hours.

7 Likes

Iā€™ll add your 1200 guess to the list when I collate them later. No guessing on deaths - that would be crude.

Donā€™t add my numbers to such fun and games, please.

Itā€™s good to know we have a line that we draw somewhere. What about we only bet on how many people over 70 years old will die? Perhaps keep that in a temporary forum or something?

Other than the 19th hole, golf is about as low risk as you can get.

Repeating the same mistakes.

5 Likes

A few golf courses closed, voluntarily, a few weeks back because they said that the showers and club house couldnā€™t be socially distanced. Members pushed back, requesting that the simply be able to drive to the course, play in pairs or small groups and leave but ā€˜opticsā€™. Of course, the govā€™t came in and shut things down entirely a few days later so itā€™s all moot.

The line between ā€˜essentialā€™ and ā€˜safeā€™ is something that governments throughout the world have fallen off and I hoped that Taiwan would learn from mistakes but, as you said, it appears not.

1 Like

Outdoors should be good, indoors should be bad.

3 Likes

Fuck it Iā€™m river tracing tomorrow, on me own, in the heavy rain. More scared of the snakes tbh.

2 Likes

Wear a mask.

3 Likes

So youā€™re fine with schools closed but rich people out playing golf? We can go to the beach but shut down the entire restaurant industry?

Yes, I want to hear anybody disagree with you. The nearest that I could come is that I think it should be ā€œoutdoors should be encouraged, indoors is badā€.

Snorkel mask

1 Like

Anyone watching the morning press conference?

Do they say anything interesting in those?

Did I post any of that?

No. Itā€™s just one guy muttering.

1 Like

Normally some stuff about vaccines and minor policies. I canā€™t watch it today.

First part was sarcasm and the response that you get to such suggestions online. Usually ā€˜not caring about childrenā€™ is good.

Read the second part.

1 Like

Guysā€¦ I think this whole government all over the world doing things wrong seems to be an essential human trait.

Meaning yes, I am sure there are some very smart people working in government in Taiwan who sees everything but arenā€™t in position to effect large scale change. And even the leaders are hamstrung by politics as well as the fact that large scale things simply do not happen unless there is broad consensus. Unless the government is highly Orwellian there is simply no way one person, even presidents, can just change things overnight.

Most things happen behind the scene without media attention, kinda like vaccine procurement. Basically itā€™s all hush hush until itā€™s en route.

1 Like