Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Yeah, but I read it was the jasmine scent version.

Source?

2 Likes

What scandal? Genocide, renegading on an international treaty with UK, setting a plague upon humanity have barely registered on international arena.

BNT washed it’s hands off the deal with Fosun as representative. A la Pilatus.

Generally the same as when I told of the impending Level 3, but less definitive this time. Government officials called and asked if factories were prepared for a Level 4 lockdown and what needed to be done to keep capacity at current levels in Level 4. They did this the morning of the decision to go to Level 3. However, they were less definitive this time.

Me too. It works well enough. Why not? But we can’t take it because neither that nor any other vaccine is available to me.

1 Like

Anybody else watch Taiwan stocks?
What is stock code 5530’s movement the last 2 days saying about all this?

1 Like

Eh you haven’t read the thread Foxconned?

Military all right, like that is why they had nets to catch jumping employees?

Guy has an agenda and is tempted to become president. I would not like a ruthless billionaire as president. Especially one with such close ties to China.

1 Like

I’m not hearing anything on my side but I’ll keep you posted (Hsinchu Science Park connections)

1 Like

Some possible good news from Japan.

5 Likes

Good. Hopefully this was a “what if” call and not a “when” call.

If there was no danger of losing his job if he was absent because of sickness, then he would not go to the office sick. I think.

But then people could be fired for getting COVID?

I would take a hard look at your office policies.

If he did it out of pigheadedness, then carry on.

If you have installed the Taiwan Social Distancing app, it should be flashing red now and would be enough for you to get in line at the hospital testing center.

That tells us it may not have such a high efficacy rate as claimed. No one is saying there are harmful side effects. If it’s 75% and not 95%, it’s better than the 0% I have now.

1 Like

I’ll pass. No transparency, no jab.

The Philippines has a few million AZ doses that are due to expire in June due to low uptake. I have absolutely no doubt an under-the-table deal could be arranged to take them off their hands.

1 Like

But can we trust them to have stored the vaccines properly? :thinking:

3 Likes

There is that, of course :slight_smile:

I imagine there are tests that can be done to verify that they’re functional.

1 Like

Nah it is just “red tape” :slight_smile: .

Molecular biochemistry isn’t my thing, but I assume you could test the vaccine on living cells in vitro and then use PCR to verify that the correct spike proteins are being translated.

AZ must have developed a standard test protocol as part of product development, surely.

That’s a major problem in all areas of human behavior and endeavors. Erring overabundantly on the side of precaution is usually more harmful than the actual harm that could result.

2 Likes