Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

And everything on the Internet is not true?

2 Likes

That’s true.

I do. Speculation. Buy the rumor strategy. Did you make your gains? :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

No.
Just seeing that and maybe seeing the orders for something special coming in. Who knows. Ha ha.

Obesity.

NOT my office.

My office did have a similar case but we had the pandemic team prepare a list of steps, the building has been disinfected, people traced and isolated, etc, etc, etc.

I thought that everybody did such things.

It appears that many are not.

Not sure how this would happen. I have the app but the person that I was in contact with doesn’t and I have no idea if any people they were in contact with do.

Again, I’m not concerned about myself. My risk, even if infected, would be really, really, really low. I’m simply shocked that people who have been directly exposed (i.e. in same household) are going to work and the reason, it appears, is that nobody told them otherwise.

1 Like

They are old and smoke though obesity does appear to be a real driver here.

Wear a Covid shield, you never know when the cobras start to spit…

1 Like

Slightly unrelated, but the fact that there are old smokers in Japan is another tell.

In that case Taiwan would be in a similar boat as Japan.

I thought Taiwan had the biggest obesity problem in East Asia? Although you’re probably going to correct me on that.

I listened to an interview with Peter Hotez last…March (?) and he said that he was worried about the US. He said that it was old men in China who got sick and, obviously, they smoke like chimneys. Then he walked through various parts of Italy. He said that if it hit a country that had a 60% obesity rate, they wouldn’t be able to fight it (he feared).

That’s probably why you didn’t hear messages to grab an extra hour sleep, get some sunlight, supplement with Vitamin D, and lose a bit of weight, etc, etc, etc.

I also heard, but it is not obvious, wondering if the Taiwanese abroad are included

Yes I will. That is fake news central.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=taiwan+obesity&source=hp&ei=7nuwYPO2L8uKr7wP8q2t6AE&iflsig=AINFCbYAAAAAYLCJ_pXb3do8DDzAnWVcQTrQJbWRu9Nx&oq=taiwan+o&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYADIECAAQQzIECAAQQzICCAAyAggAMgUIABDJAzICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAOgQILhBDUKsDWKkLYJcdaABwAHgAgAFqiAGtBJIBAzcuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=gws-wiz

1 Like

Oh, Taiwan does. Source - lots and lots of data and actually looking around.

1 Like

Don’t want to spread potential misinformation, so I don’t want to repeat what I’ve just heard but today’s briefing might be very interesting.

Interesting good, interesting neutral or interesting bad?

Thanks @Icon .

5 Likes

Every time he posts, I read it in a ‘sad Homer Simpson’ voice… which I now associate with pandemic doom.

1 Like

If it is true, then a step in the right direction.

1 Like