Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Families with children under 12 to get 10k per kid. Max 20k

has this been reported here yet?

Any links on that?

Not yet, was about to post it.

My wife thinks it is only if you your kid is in school, is that true?

蘇貞昌拍板「孩童家庭防疫補貼」 家有國小以下學童每人領1萬 | 熱門 - Yahoo奇摩行動版

2 Likes

I’m not convinced Japan has done as well with Covid as they are reporting. I know it was actually harder to get a PCR test there at the beginning of 2021 than it is here. Plus they have had a large amount of excess mortality in 2020-21.

It might be that they just have done a better job of silencing bad press.

I saw you can buy self COVID tests in vending machines on the news, is that not true?

They have a vested interest in silencing bad news… after all they have the olympics…

1 Like

wait… betel nut girls will be showing up to push for COVID job relief packages?

1 Like

What is a betel nut girl?

Vaccines for everyone followed by month of in-country travel, all while companies are forced to continue salaries? Vouchers too?

Hey everyone, we got a newbie here.

7 Likes

Indeed, been here less than a year. I just googled it…wow.

4 Likes

Are they still around? I haven’t seen any in ages, but I’m only in Taipei / New Taipei, and haven’t been on a highway in forever.

Not my cup of tea (she looks like she hasn’t showered in a few days), but some old guys see this and want to buy betelnuts for some reason.

I don’t know, my friends specifically needed PCR tests. Plus it was early in the year so maybe they have started loosening restrictions now.

The local betel nut girl hasn’t been in business for 2 weeks already since level 3 started.

Fake news. Actual obesity rate (BMI>30) is 5-8% in Taiwan, which is one of the lowest in the world.

Those “Taiwan is the fattest country in Asia” bullshit reports always have confused methodology. Taiwan’s own overweight threshold is BMI>25, of course the figure would be high when the threshold is that low.

1 Like

Excellent idea.

Exactly.

See how they ‘care’ about their compatriots in HK and Xinjiang.

Don’t be so naive people.!

It’s one thing if a charitable org, NGO in China could help …But they don’t really exist !

2 Likes

Not a good idea.