Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

he has a fortune telling secretary

https://udn.com/news/story/120940/5491701

Sadly, a 36 year-old passed away. Youngest death in TW I believe.

Tested on the 24th. Informed he was positive on the 26th. Was supposed to be transferred to quarantine on the 27th.

Translation:

A 36-year-old man surnamed Qiu in New Taipei City yesterday found that his four limbs were weak and he was not breathing. Qiu’s father quickly helped his son with CPR and dialed 119 for help. He was taken to Yadong Hospital in Banqiao District by ambulance. Before arriving at the hospital, he had no breathing and heartbeat, and he was still pronounced dead after first aid.

1 Like

BMI overweight threshold is greater than 25 everywhere.

1 Like

No it’s not. Those reports always have different thresholds like 26 or 27.

That’s scary. Any pre-existing medical conditions?

1 Like

Agree this is media spin. Obesity in the US is defined as BMI >30, not >25.

With that said, I have seldom seen men >50 yrs old in New Taipei without a “winnie-the-pooh” belly (a lot of women too).

That’s news to me.

Article doesn’t say.

More random cases:

Police officer in Shilin. 30+ contacts to be screened.

Sports coach in Tainan.

Sure seems like the virus is already everywhere.

3 Likes

Payments only if your kids are under 12. Damn. I have 2 teenagers that eat more than me. :tired_face:

6 Likes

Shit. That’s young, and fast.

1 Like

Y’all slow.

297 + 2 + 258

19 Dead :fearful:

5 Likes

That’s the important figure.

1 Like

Yes. Note that responses to this shifted goalposts to discuss obesity.

Todays CDC report, numbers a bit better than yesterday

1 Like

At least it’s flattening out.

Yeah, these stats have never made much sense to me. It’s true that 50-something a-ma’s tend to get rotund, but it’s quite obvious that Taiwan doesn’t have anything even close to the obesity problems elsewhere.

What it does have, I suspect, is a lot of very unfit people; people with poor cardiovascular health.

This sort of thing is a bit odd. AFAIK the time from onset of symptoms to death can be anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks. The idea of someone just suddenly having trouble breathing and then keeling over within a matter of hours is at least unusual enough that the authorities need to be looking into what’s going on and why.

It’s funny (well not in a good way) that my home country gives that 'childrens benefit ’ amount for every kid every month in regular times (OK tax is a lot higher there).

1 Like

Are the numbers really flattening out or are the numbers a function of the testing issues?

6 Likes

till they backtrack the stats some more lol.

do you guys think we will ever reach level 4 or is this the new normal till vaccines

1 Like